Gartner - Senior Data Engineer - Python & Visualization (3-6 yrs)
Job Description :
- What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you- ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We- re the world's leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can- t find anywhere else.
- Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About this role : Software Development position responsible for design, implementation, and support of applications to help fulfill our Research & Consulting Delivery strategy.
What you'll do :
- Establish methodologies for quickly rolling out new data analysis capabilities for standalone data-driven tools and assets.
- Have end-to-end ownership to develop tools focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining project plans, clean code, and well-written documentation
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
- Contribute with relevant insights to drive decisions on analytical problems
- Be able to innovate and showcase new approaches to improve efficiency
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
What you- ll need :
- Graduate or Postgraduate in technology from a reputed Institute having 3 - 6 years- experience in BI domain with focus on Visualization and ETL
- Advance knowledge working on visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI
- Advance knowledge of Python programming language
- Experience processing large amounts of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), etc.
- Experience with Python ORMs like SQL Alchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, NLTK and SciPy
- Knowledge of integration and web services technologies (HTTP, SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Familiarity working on Cloud platforms like AWS.
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- Exposure to NLP and ML platforms is a plus
- Exposure to D3.js would be a plus
- Familiarity and keeping pace with latest trends and technologies in Visualization
Who you are :
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer :
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including :
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development - We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Who are we :
- Gartner is the world's leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders.
- We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We- ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades :
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America's Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.