Gartner - Senior Data Engineer - Python + Machine Learning (5-8 yrs)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you will be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We- re the world's leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events ! here
About the role:
Gartner needs a well-rounded and motivated Sr Data Engineer for leading projects focused on extracting, merging, analyzing, and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
What you'll do:
- Establish methodologies for quickly rolling out new data analysis capabilities for standalone data-driven productsand service to support our associates
- Have end-to-end responsibility for leading projects focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining project plans, clean code, and well-written documentation
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
- Make decisions independently on analytical problems and methods
- Be able to identify and suggest novel areas of future work for themselves or the team
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- 5-8 years of experience of algorithms and statistics and experience in data mining, machine learning and natural language processing
- Experience of data engineering or other data-intensive development
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming language
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL.
- Experience with Python ORMs like SQLAlchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, NLTK, SciPy, NLP
- Knowledge of integration and web services technologies (HTTP, SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, ECS, Lambda, Batch, EMR, RDS
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Who are we:
Gartner is the world's leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We've grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.