Recruiter at Gartner
Views:8550 Applications:952 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:619
Gartner - Research Specialist - Market Alignment (0-2 yrs)
Research Specialist, Market Alignment
Location - Gurgaon
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you- ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We- re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can- t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development - as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
This role is responsible for conducting market research activities that ensure appropriate vendor to market alignment of Peer Insights markets. High reliability of market alignment is necessary for quality assurance of data that feeds into content deliverables and end user experience.
What you- ll do:
- Conduct market research of vendors and products research to:
Evaluate vendors fit to a market (leveraging existing criteria)
Determine veracity of vendor/product name change requests
Validate merger & acquisition activities
- Maintain audit trail of market alignment activities, results of market research activities, and correspondence with analysts, in a centralized location available to be accessed by stakeholders
- Monitor publication dates of Gartner Magic Quadrant and Market Guides, and changes to markets (new, rename, retire, merge, etc.); communicate changes to internal stakeholders to drive consistency with Peer Insights markets, and other research linkages.
- Develop strong understanding of the IT industry in general, and expertise in specific domains as required
- Interact with analysts, product stakeholders and project manager on regular basis to keep updated on progress and raise flag whenever necessary
- Delivers highly-quality market research
- Possesses strong understanding of team's goals; prioritizes workload accordingly.
- Contributes to best practices and evolution of team
What you- ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree required from Grade-A colleges; Graduate + MBA from leading B-schools. 0-2 years of experience in Market Research, Consulting or Marketing/strategy
- Experience in IT research industry with strong understanding of industry.
- Market research experience with ability to evaluate and analyze information, and demonstrate critical thinking
- Project management and client management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to coach others in a team
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent English (written and verbal)
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel and Word
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A - Visit gartner.com to learn more.