Manager Recruiting at Gartner
Views:1016 Applications:123 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gartner - Research Specialist (2-4 yrs)
- What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You'll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you'll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you're looking to explore what's next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
- Research Data & Analytics (RDA) provide a high quality primary and secondary research management, analytics and advice service. The Researcher (SRS) delivers secondary research across a broad spectrum of topics, in the form of insight and conclusions to support research teams within a subject matter field.
What you'll do:
- Work with research teams in the Audit & Risk practice to keep content on the Audit Reference Center (ARC) timely and relevant by:
- Staying on top of trends in the audit profession to determine what information is needed on ARC
- Staying on top of trends in the risk landscape of organizations to determine what information is needed on ARC
- Doing ongoing maintenance of the ARC website to make sure the most important documents are featured in search and content selection
- Sourcing relevant research from other Gartner programs for use on ARC
- Researcher will work on company, product, industry or macro-economic analysis for a variety of branded and un-branded docs
- Help transform research objectives and hypothesis into research frameworks
- Conduct research using both systematic and intuitive secondary research techniques
- Summarize research findings, help visualize and build data story that is reported via a structured report in MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint format
- Work independently on low complexity project and with minimal supervision on medium complexity projects
- Work on 2-3 research projects at a time and prioritize basis requirements and deadline
- Typical Researcher will be expected to work with research teams though the year and collaborate with members of primary research and other R&A Ops teams
- Leverage data sources like Gartner.com, Client Inquiries, Peer Insight, Peer Connect, Digital Market, L2 and Surveys to deliver insights
- Showcase fundamental understanding of the audit/risk corporate functions in general and expertise in specific domains as required.
- Develop understanding & align efforts towards research needs of respective practices
- Work with multiple stakeholders across a variety of agendas and topics. Researcher will also work with several other teams, such as, primary research and content planning.
- Provide constructive feedback to peers as well as be receptive to feedback from others.
- Actively participate in formal and in-formal knowledge sharing sessions, including Research Communities.
- Demonstrate an active involvement in implementation of new ideas and projects/initiatives
What you'll need:
- 2-3 years minimum experience in Research industry for MBAs; 3-4 years experience for BE/B.Tech.
- Fundamental understanding of the audit/risk corporate functions.
- Experience in an extremely fast paced work environment preferably in data research, consulting or marketing/strategy.
- Secondary Research skills: Able to answer business problems, using various secondary data sources, such as, Factiva, Capital IQ, Hoovers, OneSource, etc. will be very useful.
- Ability to - Triangulate- information & facts, analyze data and help visualize and build data stories
- Eagerness to Learn: strong awareness of risk issues facing business and eagerness to learn more.
- Strong communication skills - oral & written: Should structure all communication for meaning and flow
- Problem Solving Skills: Strong analytical skills and the ability to think independently
Who you are:
- Ability to work independently, contribute to the greater team and to handle multiple projects/tasks concurrently.
- Excellent project management, communication, attention to detail, problem solving and initiative skills required
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
Apply at the redirection link also.