Gartner - Project Manager - Full Software Development Lifecycle (3-8 yrs)
- What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We're the world's leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events
About this role:
Project Manager position responsible for supporting the Consulting applications to help fulfill our Research & Consulting Delivery strategy.
What you'll do:
- Ensures Agile/Scrum process is implemented effectively and provides coaching at the team level to maximize its benefits
- Exhibits desire to continuously learn new tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Runs projects using the Agile Scrum methodologies, with a distributed team
- Effectively communicates with cross functional teams
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interacts seamlessly with both business and project teams
- Facilitate discussions that lead to the resolution of project issues and development impediments
- Reports project progress to management and executive level stakeholders
- Communicates the release plan with key stakeholders and end users
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Agile Software Development Methodology and incremental delivery
- Proactively helps the product owner manage the backlog
- Exhibits a desire to continuously improve, and shows a track record of improvement
- Collaborate well with both IT associates and business partners in resolving operational issues.
- Develops processes to manage operational issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identifies systemic operational issues, resolves them as well as identifying root causes and process improvements to present similar issues
What you'll need:
- Experience with managing complex web applications from a functional program management standpoint
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of project tracking software like Jira
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Strong knowledge of product development
Who you are :
- The ability to establish creditability quickly with Business Units as well as IT partners as a passionate change agent is necessary to succeed in this position.
- Drive projects to successful completion, within budget and on-time
- Must be familiar with the systems scope and projects objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Understand the strategic direction of the business to ensure that new features and functions are implemented to conform to stated strategies and business needs.
- Able to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and all organizational boundaries
- Strong business acumen and leadership experience.
- Ability to influence and manage the expectations of clients, team members, management and external groups
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Who are we:
The world's leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We've grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
Fortune - World's Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- America's Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.