Gartner - Principal - Quantitative Analysis & Data Science - Center Of Excellence - PhD (5-11 yrs)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world's leading Research & Advisory company, you- ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you- ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication- and rewards it with opportunity. If you- re always looking for what's next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
About this role:
Gartner is currently seeking a Principal for its PRM-QUADS (GBS) COE- . This is an individual contribution role with potential of team management responsibilities in future.This team leverages proprietary quantitative data and frameworks to offer original, actionable insights to key business problems facing senior executives across industries.
The selected candidate will be responsible for leading research content development as well as collaborating with global research teams to produce published content, presentations and webinars. The role provides excellent exposure to a full range of topics related to the management of various business functions (supply chain, procurement, quality, etc.), as well as the opportunity to apply and further develop statistical concepts in research.
The role is expected to become a team manager role with people management responsibilities in future (from current individual contribution role) as the COE continues to expand and grow.
Primary Research Management - Quantiative Analytics and Data Sciences (Global Business Sales) Center of Excellence
What you- ll do:
This position is for experienced researchers interested in conducting quantitative research, data analysis and reporting using proprietary benchmarking and survey data to author and create compelling research products for Gartner clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and creation of primary data collection instruments (surveys, web data, etc.), sampling methodologies, and quantitative models
- Conceptualize and create client-facing research deliverables such as client presentations, published research, webinars and tools.
- Build quantitative methodology proposals that use inferential Statistical/Econometric models to validate research hypothesis and create actionable insights for Gartner clients.
- Build research study narratives by complementing data-driven insights with industry-leading best practices sourced from clients
- Effectively communicate and present analytical insights and narratives to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Lead and promote best practice in design, execution, process & delivery of products and projects.
- Develop a First Team culture - work closely with peer managers to build trust, encourage teamwork and identify synergies to capitalize for highest impact
What you- ll need:
Professional Experience :
- MBA or master's degree or Ph.D. in Economics / Statistics / other related fields with significant expertise in data analysis, quantitative research, analytics or benchmarking.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a leading research / data analytics / business intelligence / consulting firm.
- Managerial experience with direct supervision responsibilities (preferred but not mandatory)
Skills and Competencies :
- Outstanding written communication skills and a drive to create and communicate high-impact storylines through written narratives
- Demonstrated expertise in leading exploratory quantitative research studies and building Statistical/ Econometric models using structured and/or unstructured data
- Strong foundational knowledge and extensive practical experience in running supervised and unsupervised Statistical techniques such as regressions, factor analysis, clustering, etc.
- Mastery in at least one Statistical software package (R, Python, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience in sampling methodologies, survey questionnaire design, and data management
- Demonstrated ability in independently managing multiple high-complexity and data-intensive projects simultaneously
- Creative and independent thinking with superior problem-solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate with globally distributed team members from diverse backgrounds
- Should have strong project management experience demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- People management skills - Experience of managing teams in a matrix reporting environment (preferred but not mandatory)
Who you are:
- An individual who is adept at deriving insights from structured data using various statistical methods;
- Skilled at conceptualization and creation of client-facing research deliverable using quantitative models.
- Ability to contextualize client needs to - feature-engineer- proprietary constructs/indices.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.