Manager Recruiting at Gartner
Views:743 Applications:50 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gartner - Principal Analyst (7-10 yrs)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You'll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you'll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you're looking to explore what's next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What You'll Do:
- Work with numerous analysts, comprehend the methodology, and assist in estimating the segment specific revenue split for IT services vendors. Tasks will include: Collect, analyze and interpret public company financial reports/filings - (e.g. 10Ks, 10Qs, Annual Reports, Earnings Call Transcripts)
- Assist in modelling the IT services revenues of private companies
- Create ongoing body of knowledge - maintain quarterly record of vendor public financial data and mapping to Gartner segmentation
- Identify key macro-economic trends that are/will impact the IT Services market, including tracking specific business and technology areas (e.g. digital business and cloud based services) on an on-going basis and build broad domain expertise
- Communicate findings orally and in written format to peer and research communities, as well as report the findings in the form of a structured report or a pre-defined framewor
- Interact with peer and research communities, as well as Team manager(s) on a regular basis to provide progress updates and highlight concerns whenever required.
-Demonstrate attention to detail and complete ownership of the tasks/projects assigned.
- Act as partner to the Team Manager(s) in designing and formulating work strategies for market share work and forecast work, including suggestions around process improvements and automation.
- Collaborate with remote teams across time-zones.
- Provide guidance and direction to Senior Researcher/Researchers, as well as providing constructive feedback on their work.
What You'll Need:
- Strong background in market share research, market sizing, forecasting techniques and processes, holding either: BE/B.Tech from Grade A engineering colleges
- Graduate along with MBA from leading Tier I & II - B-schools
- Post graduates/graduates with Maths, Science, Finance and Economics background (B.Sc./B.A. Economics/B.Com)
- 7-10 years of Experience in Technology Research and Technology Industry
- Strong knowledge across IT Services markets complemented by a general understanding of the latest technology trends.
- Problem Solving Skills: Highly numerative with excellent critical thinking skills. Must be able to quickly grasp and articulate the fundamentals of a market and what drives demand and growth.
- Strong collaboration with oral and written communication skills in a global organization is key.
- Strong project management skills and experience and strong track record as individual contributor.
- Training and certifications like financial analysis/market assessment techniques and Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP)/SAP/VBA etc. will be added advantage.
- Expert in using databases like Factiva, Capital IQ, One Source, Thomson, etc.
- Experience in an extremely fast paced work environment preferably in research, consulting or marketing/strategy.
Who You Are:
- You love solving unstructured problems, and are excited about using secondary research techniques to draw insights and answer key business problems.
A team player
- You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
Passionate about learning -
You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest tools, technologies and techniques
What We Offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We- re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries - across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com
Apply at the redirection link also.