Gartner - Business Intelligence Analyst (2-7 yrs)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We- re the world's leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can't find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events ! here
About this role:
The Enterprise Analytics Self Service Center of Excellence is responsible for guiding our business users globally for corporate-wide analytics initiatives. The Business Analyst will be part of this team and will serve as a local and global resource to help drive and improve self-service analytics across the enterprise.
What you'll do:
- Utilize an advanced understanding of multiple data structures, sources, and tools to guide business partners in the development of self-service analytics, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection
- Engage in cross-team collaboration with multiple business units, and with individuals with varying levels of analytical experience within those business units
- Collaborate with business users to help develop reports, while mentoring to drive self-service moving forward
- Help our business users learn to self-serve for their analytics and reporting needs, primarily leveraging Power BI
- Ensure proper BI standards, policies and procedures are followed
- Create usage reports and monitor usage for self-service analytics platforms and resources
- Research and validate data models leveraged by self-service users
- Interview with internal business clients to obtain new analytic requirements and communicate required data model enhancements to IT
- Deliver all assignment work within quality standards and on time, often within tight deadlines
- Lead live virtual training sessions for other Gartner associates
- Collaborate with team to update existing training content and/or create new training content
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree is required. Masters or advanced degree a plus
- Industry knowledge of BI landscape and latest emerging tools supporting descriptive to perspective analytics
- Strong analytics skills and experience in Power BI; other tools nice to have
- Proficiency with DAX, Power Query(M) and SQL
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge, such as mentoring or training
- Ability to work in global, cross functional virtual teams
- Strong communication skills to ensure satisfaction of Gartner associates requesting support
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge of AAS is a plus
- Knowledge of Python/R is a plus.
Who you are:
- A professional with at least 2 years of work experience leveraging Power BI
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups and mentoring others
- Enthusiastic about learning and sharing new techniques
- Self-motivated and able to independently complete assignments with little to no oversight, as well as leverage resources when applicable
- Teachable and able to embrace best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenge
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, you will be part of a team that is extremely collaborative and creative. Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- Great work culture
Who are we:
Gartner is the world's leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We- ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
World's Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
America's Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link:
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.