Gartner - Associate Consultant - Benchmarking/IT Cost Optimization (3-8 yrs)
Associate Consultant - Benchmarking / IT Cost optimization
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner's renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That's where you come in. We're committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you'll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You'll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you?
A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we passionate about technology and its applications, but we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and self-driven people to take our distinguished Consulting function to a whole new level. When you join Gartner, you are a part of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. We are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of IT Optimization. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training programs, and career development opportunities. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner Consulting is the place for you.
About the Role :
Gartner Consulting is looking for an Associate Consultant for its IT Optimization practice, who will work on developing strategies for large global enterprises to help them in their Cost Optimization journey, enabling the business to leapfrog ahead using breakthrough technologies.
What you'll do:
- Work on consulting engagements for some of the world's largest enterprises on their mission-critical priorities including developing strategies to shape their Cost Optimization journey
- Develop and demonstrate deep expertise in areas such as IT Optimization, IT Financial Management, and IT Economic Value
- Develop experience and knowledge of different industries and/or Practices and create internal professional networks within these areas
- Understand the client industry challenges, demonstrate a problem-solving ability, and develop insights and recommendations based on in-depth research on relevant topics
- Prepare high-quality output in the form of presentations and financial data models, communicate results by using hypothesis testing and data visualization techniques
- Use independent judgment in preparing output and seek guidance from experienced consultants in the team
- Demonstrate an inquisitive mindset, ability to think through the problem statement and proposed solution, and ability to ask the right questions to the client and the engagement manager
- Participate in client workshops and interviews with key stakeholders and document client requirements
- Invest in self-development by reading the latest technology trends across different industries.
- Contribute to the development of client relationships through excellent quality of output and demonstrating personal values
- Work with a globally distributed team of consultants on different client engagements and intellectual property development across multiple industry and technology domains
- Understand how client-specific issues and objectives translate into Gartner approach and specific project tasks
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of consulting experience, preferably in Tier 1 consulting firms
- Engineering degree mandatory; MBA preferred (Engineering degree is not mandatory if the candidate demonstrates a strong financial acumen and experience in data management and analytics)
- Strong Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; knowledge of a survey tool such as Web Survey Creator would be beneficial
- Proficiency in PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx, or similar tools is highly desirable, Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Strong organizational skills within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience in delivering IT Benchmarking engagements and recommending valuable insights to clients
- Good overall knowledge of the IT industry, products, and leading vendors in the marketplace is desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a global environment, demonstrating ongoing collaboration with cross-border and cross-functional teams
- A curious and inquisitive mind, with an openness to new experiences and learning, strong problem-solving ability, and client focus
Who you are:
- Self-starter and a quick learner; demonstrates a no-limits mindset
- Strong consultative skill, problem-solving ability and a desire to win
- Passionate about technology and helping clients in the time of industry disruption led by technology evolution
- Leadership to drive impactful results by collaborating with a team of talented junior team members, and motivate and help them grow
- High performing team player with strong intercultural communication and collaboration
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- World-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier-one client portfolio
- Competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clearly defined career development path
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.