Garrett - Platform Owner/Manager - Network Services (10-16 yrs)
Platform Owner - Network Services (Manager)
Platform Owner - Network Services will be accountable for end to end management of Garrett's network infrastructure. Responsibilities include managing new enterprise solutions, service continuity service improvement. Work in a cross-organizational fashion to consult and enable network services. The position will require a disciplined approach towards ITSM methodologies ensuring the delivery of information technology services to meet the needs of the business community.
- Platform Owner will define roadmap to network transformation, demand and operation management for network services
- Drive delivery excellence with highly available infrastructure capable of 24x7x365 business operations with a track record of managing teams that supported engineering highly available services
- Manage lifecycle of network infrastructure and services.
- Define and maintain network policies, processes, DLPs & standards.
- Establish architectural standards meeting functional and non-functional requirements by business.
- Identify areas of improvement, optimization, automation, process simplification etc and deliver value to business.
- Accountable for financial planning & delivering optimization targets for hosting services.
- Drive software defined network and automation environment for Garrett business.
- Implement and maintain Hybrid Data Centers' / Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) connectivity.
- Setup and run the governance with the partners. Build strategic relationships for creating value for the organization.
- Participate in the formulation of the company's enterprise architecture and business system plans; assessing cost and feasibility, and ensuring the plan is aligned with and supports the strategic goals of the business.
- Hands-on technical depth enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
- Manage team of internal and partner resources.
- Build career plans and retain skilled resources for network function.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- 10 years minimum of total experience
- 5 years minimum of relevant experience
- Cisco certifications: CCNP required, CCIE preferred
- ITIL, PMP/PMI certification is a big plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (English).
- Proven leader who combines technical expertise with well-developed business acumen.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills leading to effective decision making.
- Experience in managing large scale enterprise heterogeneous network infrastructure.
- Experience working in global environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in a complex environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to deliver quantitative metrics of the environment to help with planning and execution of service delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Operations, and Senior Leadership
- Working knowledge of private cloud virtualized infrastructure needs as well as public cloud
- Deep knowledge of network (ISP & Enterprise) technologies, data center, virtualization, wireless, security, VOIP and disaster recovery/business continuity
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS, Microsoft's Azure Google cloud.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.