Co-Founder at Ganit Business Solutions
Views:6774 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Ganit - Data Scientist (2-8 yrs)
Ganit Inc. is the fastest growing Data Science & AI company in Chennai.
- We are in the business of maximizing Decision Making Power (DMP) for companies by providing solutions at the intersection of hypothesis based analytics, discovery based AI and IoT. Our solutions are a combination of customized services and functional product suite.
- Founded in Jan 2017, we focus on the fast-growing analytics space, executing projects for Fortune 1000 clients; Founded by seasoned industry experts with each of them having 17+ years of experience in the field of analytics and Alumnus of IIT/NIT & SPJIMR
- We primarily operate as a US-based start-up and have clients across US, Asia-Pac, Middle-East and have offices in USA - New Jersey & India - Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai
1. What do we expect from you
- Should posses minimum 2 years of experience of data analytics model development and deployment
- Skills relating to core Statistics & Mathematics.
- Huge interest in handling numbers
- Ability to understand all domains in businesses across various sectors
- Natural passion towards numbers, business, coding, visualization
2. Necessary skill set:
- Proficient in R/Python, Advanced Excel, SQL
- Should have worked with Retail/FMCG/CPG projects solving analytical problems in Sales/Marketing/Supply Chain functions
- Very good understanding of algorithms, mathematical models, statistical techniques, data mining, like Regression models, Clustering/ Segmentation, time series forecasting, Decision trees/Random forest, etc.
- Ability to choose the right model for the right data and translate that into code in R, Python, VBA (Proven capabilities)
- Should have handled large datasets and with through understanding of SQL
- Ability to handle a team of Data Analysts
3. Good to have skill set:
- Microsoft PowerBI / Tableau / Qlik View / Spotfire
4. Job Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Data extraction, preparation and transformation
- Identify, develop and implement statistical techniques and algorithms that address business challenges and adds value to the organization
- Create and implement data models
- Interact with clients for queries and delivery adoption
5. Screening Methodology
- Problem Solving round (Telephonic Conversation)
- Technical discussion round (Telephonic Conversation)
- Final fitment discussion (Video Round)