CEO at Futuristic Labs
Views:1065 Applications:215 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:72
Futuristic Labs - Product Owner (3-10 yrs)
Our small team of engineers and designers have been building our mobile and web apps for the past few months and are at the cusp of our global launch. This imminent launch, however, is only the beginning. To ensure we continue to build, vet and ship features that most empower our users to cook at home with minimal time, effort & skill. Our software team requires a product owner to take ownership of the mobile & web development roadmap, provide leadership, be responsible for sustainable growth of the team, provide structure and guidance to drive improvement of team performance and wellbeing.
If you love good home-cooked food and are excited to build an automated solution for the entire cooking process, then this is the place for you! We at Futuristic Labs are working at the intersection of the software, hardware, and food :P.
At Futuristic Labs, we are set out to solve home cooking and are working towards building a fully automatic kitchen solution. On our journey our shippable intermediaries are:
- Riku: our flagship product, is a fully automatic, AI-assisted rice and curry maker which brings down the hands on time of cooking at home to 5-10min saving ~700hrs/year.
- Semi: A smart induction cooktop, your perfect kitchen assistant helping you every step of the way.
- A digital kitchen mobile app: A single place to manage your kitchen.
- Recipe platform
- Product deliverables from a strategic and tactical perspective of our mobile and web apps.
- Maintain a cohesive and singular vision regarding the product.
- Define product scenarios according to the company's business needs
- Create an actionable product roadmap.
- Ensure the feasibility of the product with respect to business objectives.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to analyse business needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, User stories, Process Flows, Documenting meetings, converting functional requirements into User stories, etc
- Keep all the stakeholders on the same page by ensuring smooth flow of communication across - Product, Design, Engineering & Development teams.
- Clarify business / user needs to development teams so that uncertainty is removed and developer velocity is maximised.
- Continuously maintain the Product Backlog which is aligned and prioritised based on the overall business objectives - transparently, clearly and goal-oriented.
- Map out realistic project dependencies
- Prioritise these items based on the product strategy
- Clearly define any and all project constraints.
- Gauge which development areas have fewer constraints.
- Determine which deliverable will be put into development at which time and implement the most efficient sequence of development
- Repeat the prioritisation process for each iteration of the product.
- Participate actively in frequent stakeholder management meetings to understand, manage and prioritise so as to maximise product value.
- Drive the Sprint ceremonies from Functionals and Requirements standpoint: providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and creating requirements in the forms of Epics, Themes and Stories.
- Conduct sprint reviews to ensure right functional implementation of user stories
- Work with the development team to identify, define, and organise the steps required for the next iterations.
- Create mockups and prototypes to assist with the development if needed.
- Identify areas with the potential for improvements.
- Evaluate product performance/user behaviour using data and research, recommend next-step iterations and development targets to improve product KPIs.
- Anticipate needs or bottlenecks and evaluate the feature progress.
- Product research, competitive benchmarking, scoping etc.
- Other teams to refine and support the development process.
- In resource planning to ensure high quality of the product delivery
- 3+ years in software product management, release planning, product owner role and/or equivalent experience preferably in D2C mobile/web applications.
- Product management experience in IOT based products is a huge plus.
- Should have the expertise in understanding and implementation of software development lifecycle.
- Experience in delivering products from concept to commit by collaborating with various stakeholders.
- Proficient in writing MRD/PRD and user stories, with strong sense of product planning and product design.
- Deep understanding of interactive design, user experience enhancement, and functional ease of use for mobile internet products.
- Strong ability to identify and resolve cross-project interdependencies.
- Ability to understand the solutions proposed by Engineering teams through advanced technical software development knowledge.
- Experience in managing the Quality team work by guiding them with Test Scenarios, Test planning and Test execution.
- Strong project management ability, an understanding of data strategies, and proficiency at analyzing user needs.
- Skills for working with analytical tools (Xmind, Diagrams.net etc)and proficiency with prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch etc.) is a plus.
- A go-getter, able to work under pressure while maintaining visibility under heavy workload; willingness to prioritize tasks and take quick decisions.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral).