HR Consultants at Aristo Consultants
Views:6244 Applications:221 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:80
Fund Accounting - Investment Management Firm (2-6 yrs)
IMD Fund Accounting
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of finances and expenditures.
- Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide.
- Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth.
- Direct Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds Strategies, Private Equity Group teams within Controllers support the alternative investments
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
Broad responsibilities include the following :
- Safeguard the assets and reputation of the firm by controlling and supporting the investment management division, as well as ensuring that they are in compliance with the firm's policies and with the rules/regulations that govern global financial markets
- Reviewing quarterly valuations and NAV for private equity funds, review yearend financial statements and perform related activities
- Handle reporting requirements to Senior Management and to IMD.
- Work closely with other divisions, including: Business Teams, Product Services, Operations, IT and Trading Divisions
- Work closely with fund administrators and auditors
- Lead a team of professionals, as applicable
Basic Qualifications :
Required skill sets include :
- Qualified CA/MBA with experience in the alternative investment/private funds market and process management desired
Work Experience : 2-6 years
- Basic knowledge of financial statements preparation & review; USGAAP, IFRS knowledge and experience in co-ordinating with Big 4 accounting firms during audit cycle is desirable.