Team Lead - IT at SkillVentory
Views:502 Applications:77 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Fund Accountant - Ibank (2-8 yrs)
Position Description :
Analysts will work very closely with Account Managers of our Fund Services in ensuring proper NAV calculation of their hedge fund clients. They will also act on various requests made by the clients to update their portfolios on our Portfolio Accounting. MSPA is the accounting/reporting system of MSFS. The analyst will also interact with the Account Manager to review accounting and performance-related issues.
- Provide Accounting solutions to Hedge Funds for an independent valuation, investor transparency and regulatory compliance.
- Calculation of daily NAV.
- Review MSPA to custodian reconciliations. Identify and determine the cause. Notify Account Manager of breaks. If break is due to an erroneous or missing transaction in MSPA then make necessary adjustments.
- Perform middle office functions including P&L analysis, daily cash projections, calculations of FX transfers required for funding, checking client's contributions & redemptions etc.
- Review general ledger exceptions. Identify cause and make necessary adjustments.
- Verify performance by reviewing large P&L swings and analyzing income/expense journals for validity.
- Adjust activity as necessary for performance (MSPM) processing and reporting.
- Responsible for accruing daily or monthly non-security related accruals including management fees and financing accruals.
- Process non-automated transactions including OTC derivatives and their related cash movements.
- Perform daily and monthly securities pricing analysis.
- Validate and process corporate action data.
- Providing audit support and assistance to funds in the preparation on financial statements.
- Assistance with compliance functions.
An Associate is likely to have the following characteristics:
- A number of years prior work experience - preferably in financial services. Knowledge of hedge fund processing is a strong advantage.
- Good administrative and organizational skills with a particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- An ability to work under pressure and an ability to cope with increased workloads at month-end.
- An ability to work as part of a virtual team that is spread across different time zones and geographies.
- An ability to use key financial systems and other IT tools.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.