Associate Consultant at Michael Page
Views:1099 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Functional Cost Accountant - BFSI (5-10 yrs)
Cost accounting for various functions in APAC, including:
- Organize and execute the Cost Center Budgeting process.
- Review of cost center spending to ensure accuracy and understand cost drivers.
- Review variances in spending vs budget and comparison periods and analyze root causes.
- Meet with functional leaders to explain cost center spending and convey opportunism for savings
- Satisfy various reporting requests and analysis for function
- Challenge second level leaders on spending
- Liaise between functional leaders and finance function
- Record and monitor certain accounting entries during the monthly closing.
- Facilitate the inter-company rebilling process.
- Facilitate SOX compliance for Cost Accounting activities.
- Monitor and maintain work processes to ensure internal controls in data integrity.
- Provide training/backup support within the area based cost team.
- Provide determinations between Capital and Expense
- Execute cost center recoveries and analyze residuals
- Proficient accountant - highly proficient cost accountant
- Highly motivated with strong aspirations to achieve and develop
- Interest in a broad array of finance disciplines
- Detailed and analytical thinker
- Proficient in SAP finance - cost accounting module
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Corporate/public accounting (5-10 years)
- US Manufacturing MNC (3-6)
- Cost Accounting (0-5 years)
- Accounting center (0-5 years)
- MBA a plus