Senior Manager at FSG Advisory Services
Views:720 Applications:131 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:98
FSG - Consultant (1-3 yrs)
Consultants in FSG's Mumbai office will primarily work in our Inclusive Markets approach area. Our Inclusive Markets approach leverages innovative business models to help provide households with low-income with beneficial products and services and better livelihoods. Projects range from market-building programs that involve direct engagement with entrepreneurs and households with low-income, to research projects where we investigate important issues and publish cutting-edge content for a global audience. Over the last few years, our Inclusive Markets team has worked across 35 countries in Asia and Africa. Our expertise spans diverse sectors including health, sanitation, housing, education, and livelihoods.
Consultants are responsible for executing discrete parts of work modules within a broader project. Typical Consultant responsibilities include:
- Working with team members to break-down large problems into smaller pieces, using a robust structure and developing hypotheses for testing.
- Designing and executing data gathering and analysis to generate robust and compelling insights that address module and the broader project objectives.
- Communicating viewpoints and analyses in articulate, compelling, and creative ways.
- Helping to build and maintain relationships with clients, funders, partners and other external stakeholders.
- Contributing to the intellectual capital of the firm and playing an active role in developing FSG's practice in Asia and Africa.
Education & Experience:
- An undergraduate degree from a top-tier school; a graduate degree (MBA, MPP, or MPA) from a top-tier school is a plus.
- At least 2 years of full-time relevant work experience in the business and/or development sectors; significant prior experience in strategy consulting or blue-chip corporates is a plus.
- Excellent academic credentials for both undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Academic and/or practical grounding in business strategy, marketing, finance and operations, and related analytical techniques.
- Experience of living, studying or working in a developing country - familiarity with India is a plus.
- Experience working or volunteering for a social impact organization is a plus.
- Experience considering and/or applying equity and inclusion principles is preferred (e.g. disaggregating data, addressing disparities between populations and/or designing culturally appropriate interview guides, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Proficiency in Hindi and other Indian languages is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strongly motivated to tackle the tough challenges of poverty and drive social change.
- Able to travel domestically or internationally up to 30% of the time (travel requirements vary considerably by project).
- Able to show initiative, and drive work, with moderate supervision and guidance.
- Comfortable working on difficult, complex and ambiguous problems where there may be no definitive 'right answer'.
- Capable of working on multiple, overlapping tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Emotionally intelligent - able to collaborate in teamwork settings with colleagues and clients.