HR Head at Freight Commerce Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Views:5410 Applications:607 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:155
Freight Tiger - Head - Strategy & Business Operations (10-15 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities -
This team will be a decision-support mechanism that helps with everything from optimizing day-to-day options to carrying out high-priority initiatives to tackling the most important strategic questions.
You are fundamentally shaping how this company's going to be.
Key Responsibilities -
- Shadow co-workers, interview outside experts, analyze data, lead a brainstorming session, write up a strategic plan, design and monitor pilot projects, conduct postmortems on projects, formulate and monitor key performance indicators, synthesize best practices, interview candidates - or just block off time to think about how to break immense challenges down into manageable chunks.
- Leads the Strategy and operation team - an internal facing group that broadly aims to create more value for the company and to improve profitability of the business.
- Identify and develop strategic opportunities for the business with a view of diversifying the customer/ client base and thereby creating and enhancing market for FT.
- Develop prescience for organization and create roadmap for FT to be future ready in context to capabilities.
- Conceptualize relevant metrics/KPIs and analytics by product/business segment in partnership with other leadership members.
- Think strategically and tactically to tackle the problems that company has not tackled before. Explain the complex problems in an understandable way, devise and execute an action plan in a manageable chunks, and define/measure key performance indicators.
- The ability to break down a nebulous problem into manageable chunks - the concept behind structured thinking -- is critical to success in BizOps. You are often tackling problems that your company has not tackled before. You can- t rely on a pre-existing structure or project scope.
- Reviews feasibility of new markets / opportunities as well as their potential growth opportunities and help.
- Analytics. Utilize data to understand our operational performance and areas for improvement. Know how to use the data and turn that into action.
- Work closely across our team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes.
- Create process and capability in strategy team and other functions to Manage Account escalations.
Experience, Technical skills & Knowledge
- Experience in business, management consulting or finance who are willing to roll up their sleeves and gain first-hand insight into the operations of business and product teams, and who can bring an independent perspective, yet collaborate effectively with business leaders. MBA is a plus.
World-class problem solvers.
- Ability to manage new strategic projects where you can- t rely on pre-existing structures and project scope.
- Conceptual Mindset. Data-driven mentality and strong business foresight and judgement. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the data and pull key insights for your team.
- Strong inter personal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, Eager to learn and adapt to a start-up culture.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and perform effectively under pressure.
- Team player, who is diplomatic yet effective in handling customers and internal stakeholders.
The structure would be base + variable + ESOPs, and is open for discussion depending on the background and experience of the candidate.