Senior HR Recruiter at Franklin Templeton
Views:1103 Applications:72 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Franklin Templeton - Vice President - Institutional Portfolio Manager (12-18 yrs)
Franklin Templeton Emerging Markets Equity (FTEME) seeks to recruit an IPM based in India, to join their team to support a range of India Equity investment strategies. The role reports to FT EME's Head of Business Development and is responsible for representing the investment team externally. The IPM will meet with clients, prospects, and intermediaries to explain the investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific investment products. The IPM will serve as an integrated member of the investment team, focusing on partnering with key distribution channels and clients to support business growth and the retention of assets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Communicate the investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific equity products in both a client service and sales capacity for both mutual funds and separate accounts to Retail platforms/channels and Institutional clients and prospects. Also provides updates on overall financial market performance, economic trends and the investment team's investment outlook.
- Independently acts as a "proxy" for Portfolio Managers (PMs) by serving as the main investment contact for clients and/or intermediaries. Works closely with the Distribution team and Client Relationship Managers to establish new relationships and maintain/grow existing client relationships.
- Promotes, defends and competitively positions the product line and is actively involved in distribution initiatives and servicing key channels and clients.
- Work closely with the FTEME's Head of Business Development to demonstrate strategic direction-setting and prioritization.
- Takes ownership of gathering and retention of assets under management.
- Provides PM perspective to internal business partners including Sales and Marketing, and partners closely with Marketing to create strategic/ global messaging and investment content for assigned investment strategies.
- Responsible for challenging and validating appropriateness of investment strategy and process to meet the clients' stated needs within the agreed guidelines.
- Stays abreast of identified market trends and the competitive landscape, along with the relative positioning of their investment team.
- Contributes as needed to the RFPs for complex investment questions.
- Contributes as needed to investment commentaries/Thought leadership pieces.
- Contributes to and facilitates creation of investment content and product set messaging.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required; CFA or advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of financial services experience; previous experience as a Portfolio Manager/Product/Portfolio specialist desired
- Knowledge of capital markets, and in particular the India Equity markets
- Excellent grasp of and familiarity with portfolio management, construction and analytical tools, risk management, performance attribution etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution channels, investment vehicles and pricing structures
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and relationship-management skills; self-driven, resourceful, and entrepreneurial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- He / She should be ready to travel as per business needs.