HR Recruiter at Franklin Templeton
Views:445 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Franklin Templeton - Specialist - Quant Development (3-5 yrs)
I. Job Summary :
The role requires 3-5 years of hands-on expertise in Python code development for product development (NOT Data Science), and a very good understanding of underlying mathematical and stochastic models. The developed code would go into creating new capabilities for a B2B2C wealthtech product offered via SaaS, on-premise or offline modes.
The candidate should have a good understanding of Python Full stack development including integration with REST APIs including React/Angular.
The candidate should have worked in Portfolio Construction (Investments), Insurance (Actuarial) the former preferred.
Should have a good understanding of Multi Asset Solutions across Equity, Fixed Income and Alternatives ideally across international markets (US, Singapore/Hong Kong)
II. Job Responsibilities :
- To contribute towards product development of a Wealthtech product brought to market via various deployment modes.
- Put into practice proven expertise in advanced mathematics, especially mathematical finance.
- Participate in On-going Product Research and should be able to think out of the box to solve problems that are otherwise difficult to solve.
- Should be able to contribute to portfolio intelligence research using quantitative factor modelling.
- Develop strategic asset allocation models, risk and return calibration and portfolio analytics on portfolios of institutional and retail investors.
- Understanding of macro (fixed income/ rates) and systematic factors affecting a portfolio
- To design, develop, test and document the product features or capabilities developed to standards.
- To provide rapid fixes to any issues identified in the product or deployments.
This is not a data science position and therefore may not be suitable for aspiring or current data scientists.
Education (or equivalent experience) :
- Master's degree in Quantitative Finance / Financial Engineering / Mathematical Finance highly preferred
- Ph.D / Master's / Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering or related disciplines, from Tier-1 Institutes in India or abroad.
- Certifications/Diplomas in Financial Mathematics or related subjects from institutes such as IFMR, TIFR, IIQF etc would be highly valued.
Experience Core Skills :
- 3-5 years of experience in Python code development for product development (Mandatory)
- Usage of Python as a coding language and not use of pre-built packages
- Understanding and prior experience with Portfolio Construction or Investment Management (Mandatory)
- Knowledge of and Experience with Stochastic processes, probabilities, Simulations, Linear Algebra, Markovian Decision Processes (state space models)
- Knowledge and experience of key machine learning and deep learning framework, e.g. Keras, TensorFlow
- Exceptional Excel skills in mathematical modeling (including Excel VBA)
Experience Other Skills :
- Proven ability to take initiative and work under pressure in a changing/growing environment.
- Should be self-driven and be able to work in an unstructured environment.
- Experience in software development lifecycle best practices, including test driven and agile methodologies.
- Hands-on, demonstrates taking ownership of issues to ensure successful conclusion.
- Excellent communication and consensus building skills.