Human Resources - Talent Acquisition at Franklin Templeton
Views:5610 Applications:104 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
Franklin Templeton - Senior Data Scientist - Investment Management - IIT/BITS/NIT (7-12 yrs)
Skills and Qualifications -
- Graduate in Computer science from IIT / BITS / NIT
- Masters/PhD in a quantitative discipline is a plus, but is not required.
- Interest in Capital Markets, CFA preferred
- The applicant must have strong machine learning and statistics skills.
- Strong experience with supervised machine learning techniques. Experience working with tree-based algorithms is a must. Experience with RNNs and CNNs is a plus but is not required.
- Applicant must know how to preprocess and featurize data into a structure/signal that is best suited for whatever ML algorithm or ensemble of ML algorithms is used.
- Advanced skills in Python, especially Pandas. Must be able to output code in Python at a rapid rate.
- Must have a cumulative of at least 4 years of coding experience. This means at least ~8000 hours of writing code. Doesn- t matter what language- applicant must have a strong underlying coding ability.
- Must have strong applied statistics skills, such as understanding of distributions, hypothesis testing, and probability theory.
- Must be able to solve hard probability brain-teaser problems.
- Great communication skills and experience with data visualization tools in Python.
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus. Must be able to write basic queries at minimum.