Senior HR Recruiter at Franklin Templeton Investments
Views:556 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Franklin Templeton - Senior Contract Specialist - Derivatives (5-8 yrs)
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Job Summary :
The Global Derivatives Documentation Specialist :
(i) Acts as a key subject matter expert in drafting and negotiating derivative documentation (ISDA, CSA, Futures, Options, ACA, MCA, MSFTA etc.)
(ii) Prepares and reviews legal documentation in accordance with standard industry and trading terms
(iii) Coordinates review of non-standard derivative terms with legal counsel
(iv). Researches and negotiates the business terms and conditions of derivative agreements
(v). Analyzes changing and emerging global regulatory requirements; helps to ensure that derivative agreements comply with existing and new regulatory requirements
(vi) Interfaces with counter-parties and legal counsel
(vii) Ensures consistency of terms across the firm's derivative agreements.
The Global Derivatives Documentation Specialist must possess a broad knowledge of ISDA terms, global regulations and relevant legal provisions.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Derivative Documentation Support
- Work with Global Portfolio Account Services - Derivative Agreements team, Legal and Counter-parties to draft agreements
- Draft and complete all necessary derivative agreements (ISDA, CSA, ACA, Futures, Options, MCA, MSFTA's etc.)
- Research, review, negotiate, decide and communicate business terms for the firm's derivative agreements and coordinate, present and make recommendations to our legal and operations groups where necessary.
- Negotiate and Prepare amendments, joinders, and account control agreements to add additional accounts
- Help to the Derivatives Agreements to operate efficiently, identify and address issues promptly, and manage risk associated with the firm's derivative agreements.
- Monitor industry trends and regulatory changes to assess impact to the firm's derivative agreements, and coordinate with legal counsel to address such changes.
Industry Calls and Projects :
- Partner legal counsel on any new legal provisions and/or complex negotiations with counterparties
- Participate in internal legal committees and meetings
- Participate in industry trade group advocacy concerning regulation of derivative agreements
Manage Derivative Terms and Standards :
- Work with appropriate groups to set acceptable business terms for derivative agreements
- Ensure consistency of terms across the firm's derivative agreements
- Regularly review terms of existing agreements to assess whether changes are necessary based upon industry, market, or regulatory developments
- Ensure appropriate allocation of legal expenses
General Support :
- Prepare clear presentations concerning derivative agreements and their terms for operational teams
- Participate in special projects that bear upon the firm's derivative agreements.
- Work with individuals at all levels within the firm to gather, analyze, and consolidate data related to derivative agreements to aid senior leaders in making decisions that bear upon derivative agreements and associated regulatory.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Bachelors or Associate degree with an emphasis on Paralegal studies or equivalent work experience
- Above 5 years of professional experience in Financial Services
- At least 3 or more years of directly related experience and exposure to derivative agreement negotiations (e.g. ISDA, Futures, Prime Broker) with a medium to large financial services firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good client service and customer focus
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on work assignments
- Proven ability to take initiative and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Good facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point
- Excellent research, comprehension, analytical and decision making skills
- Professionally and confidently interact with all levels of internal and external contacts
- In-depth experience in drafting, editing and proofreading detailed correspondence, documents, reports and complex legal provisions