Human Resources - Talent Acquisition at Franklin Templeton
Views:4845 Applications:289 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:247
Franklin Templeton - Research Associate/Data Scientist - Investment Management (2-5 yrs)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier school preferably in a quantitative discipline such as math, science, engineering, computer science.
- Graduate degree from a top-tier program with highly analytical focus, eg MBA in quantitative finance, MFE in financial engineering, MS in computer science, operation research, quantitative economics, econometrics, engineering or statistics
- At least 2+ years total work experience in Technology, preferably in Banking/Financial Technology and a strong aptitude for Problem Solving.
- Must have experience in developing Front-End Applications, creating dashboards and has worked with Data Visualization Tools
- Experience in developing and supporting quantitative models will be a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Extensive programming skills - Python, R, PHP, PERL
- Has worked with Data visualization tools and experience in developing using Web 2.0/3.0 frameworks
- Comfortable with UNIX/Bash scripting
- Intermediate and Advanced Statistics
- Excellent database skills - can maintain the entire database and work on adding sources of data.
- Project management skills; ability to scope, manage and implement solutions to provide critical technology support to the Portfolio Manager and Research Analysts.
- Strong Communication Skills and Interpersonal Skills
- Must have strong applied statistics skills, such as understanding of distributions, hypothesis testing, and probability
- Great communication skills and experience with data visualization tools in Python
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus. Must be able to write basic queries at minimum
- Experience with high performance computing is a plus (e.g. cluster computing on AWS with Spark/Hadoop)
- Professional certifications such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) are preferred
- Experience in Fixed Income Modeling/Quant (or) Research Experience in US Investment Grade/High Yield/Floating Rate/Securitized Products is a plus
- Must have a passion for trading/investing. Any past trading/investing experience, either personally or professionally, is a plus
- Masters/PhD in a quantitative discipline is a plus, but is not required
- High ability to handle ambiguity