HR Recruiter at Franklin Templeton
Views:1183 Applications:215 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:43
Franklin Templeton - Research Analyst - Investment Management Team (4-9 yrs)
- At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge.
- Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Research Analyst in Investment Management team responsible for?
- The team requires to work closely with Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts and Data Scientists of the Fixed-Income Multi Sector Group.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Research Analyst?
- The job will involve moving existing models onto newer programming paradigms as well as in the development and maintenance of our proprietary quant as well as ML models.
- The job will also involve providing research coverage to various sub-asset classes within our broader coverage.
- An ideal candidate will be responsible for database management, maintaining and creating new web frameworks for our internal websites, developing cash-flow/surveillance models, using third party wrapper libraries and performing data analytics. The candidate should be well versed in scripting languages and Web 2.0/3.0 frameworks and should be open to experimenting with new technologies.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier school preferably in a quantitative discipline such as math, science, engineering, computer science.
- Graduate degree from a top-tier program with highly analytical focus is a plus, eg MBA in quantitative finance, MFE in financial engineering, MS in computer science, operation research, quantitative economics, econometrics, engineering or statistics.
- At least 4+ years total work experience in Technology, preferably in Banking/Financial Technology and a strong aptitude for Problem Solving.
- Must have experience in developing Front-End Applications, creating dashboards and has worked with Data Visualization Tools
- Experience in developing and supporting quantitative models will be a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Extensive programming skills Python, R, PHP, PERL
- Has worked with Data visualization tools and experience in developing using Web 2.0/3.0 frameworks
- Comfortable with UNIX/Bash scripting
- Intermediate and Advanced Statistics
- Excellent database skills can maintain the entire database and work on adding sources of data.
- Project management skills; ability to scope, manage and implement solutions to provide critical technology support to the Portfolio Manager, Research Analysts and Data Scientists.
- Strong Communication Skills and Interpersonal Skills
- Must have strong applied statistics skills, such as understanding of distributions, hypothesis testing, and probability
- Great communication skills and experience with data visualization tools in Python
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus. Must be able to write basic queries at minimum
- Experience with high performance computing is a plus (e.g. cluster computing on AWS with Spark/Hadoop)
- Professional certifications such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) are preferred
- Experience in Fixed Income Modeling/Quant (or) Research Experience in US Investment Grade/High Yield/Floating Rate/Securitized Products is a plus
- Must have a passion for trading/investing. Any past trading/investing experience, either personally or professionally, is a plus
- High ability to handle ambiguity
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewardsthe mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include :
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employees dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.