Human Resources - Talent Acquisition at Franklin Templeton
Views:5693 Applications:153 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:105
Franklin Templeton - Research Analyst/Data Scientist - Investment Management (4-7 yrs)
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Research Analyst / Data Scientist?
- Partnering with investment teams to provide machine learning / AI / Data Analysis expertise to enhance investment decisions and returns
- Engaging Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Portfolio Managers in investment team meetings; present and share investment ideas, insights and results
- Selecting/creating features from raw data, and building/optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending the data used in modeling with third party sources of information
- Processing, cleaning, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated data consistency checks (e.g. between live/historical data) and unit testing techniques to ensure ongoing model performance
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelors or Masters with 4+ years of coding and data science experience
- Prior experience in Investment Management / Financial Services / FinTech is a must
- Prior Experience in Modeling Corporate Credit/CLO/Municipal Bonds/Consumer Loans is a big plus
- Requires advanced skills in Python- especially Pandas
- Must be able to output code in Python at a rapid rate
- Experience with supervised/unsupervised machine learning techniques, especially tree-based algorithms and k-means clustering. Neural networks experience is a plus, especially with RNNs and CNNs
- Experience modeling and making sense of complex systems
- Must have at least 4+ years of coding experience. The applicant must have a strong underlying coding ability.
- Must have strong applied statistics skills, such as understanding of distributions, hypothesis testing, and probability
- Great communication skills and experience with data visualization tools in Python
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus. Must be able to write basic queries at minimum
- Experience with high performance computing is a plus (e.g. cluster computing on AWS with Spark/Hadoop)
- Professional certifications such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) are preferred
- Experience in Fixed Income Modeling/Quant (or) Research Experience in US Investment Grade/High Yield/Floating Rate/Securitized Products is a plus
- Must have a passion for trading/investing. Any past trading/investing experience, either personally or professionally, is a plus
- Masters/PhD in a quantitative discipline is a plus, but is not required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.