Senior HR Recruiter at Franklin Templeton
Views:1587 Applications:155 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Franklin Templeton - Research Analyst (5-10 yrs)
At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing - delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for a Research Analyst to join Franklin's Floating Rate Debt Group (- FRDG- ) which invests in below investment grade, syndicated leveraged loans. The group largely focuses on senior secured corporate loans (1st lien and 2nd lien) with select opportunistic investments in distressed debt and special situations.
What are the ongoing responsibilities?
- Initiate investment recommendations on primary and secondary loan issuances to Portfolio Managers through both verbal and written presentation.
- Perform fundamental and independent research of below investment grade companies across multiple industries and sectors.
- Conduct industry research, develop financial models, and perform valuation / relative value analysis to assist with the credit review process.
- Actively participate and collaborate in weekly meetings to help influence portfolio performance.
- Analyze credit agreements and loan documents.
- Develop relationships with management teams, industry experts, private equity sponsors, business partners, and financial advisers.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- 5+ years of fixed income research experience in international and domestic credit markets.
- Previous experience with syndicated loans.
- Ability to build detailed financial models while displaying a clear understanding of accounting principles and cash flow analysis.
- Good intuitive credit judgment and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- BA required, CFA or MBA strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with Excel, VBA, and Bloomberg.