Human Resources - Talent Acquisition at Franklin Templeton
Views:1176 Applications:158 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:109
Franklin Templeton - Quantitative Research Associate (3-6 yrs)
- Franklin Systematic team seeks to recruit an associate / analyst with quant. /programming experience to join the team.
- The team supports the research activities of Investment Strategy Research Committee(ISRC) teams within FT Solutions and helps in developing ISRC views that are reflected in multi asset portfolios managed by FT Solutions. The team also uses a systematic framework to develop CME's (Capital Market Expectations) for different asset classes.
- The team uses a systematic optimization process based on CMEs, macroeconomic data, and other indicators to develop Strategic Asset Allocation recommendations for clients/potential clients.
- These recommendations influence portfolios that take active investment positions in stock market indices, government bonds, commodities, and the currencies of the developed and emerging markets. Franklin Systematic team is also involved in researching and developing quantitatively managed portfolios. The individual will be working to refine, enhance and scale our current data acquisition and analysis methods.
- The individual will work on researching, designing, and enhancing systems that support the investment and research process of Franklin Systematic team. In addition, the candidate is expected to conduct topical research to support the research and investment process for different strategies.
- Design solutions and the management of data processes for research systems and implementation of investment models.
- Work with other technology professionals both externally and internally
- Work with other investment management professionals to continuously enhance existing data processing for improved quality and efficiency.
- Take ownership of the group's quantitative processes and leveraging the output for various stake holders,
- Work on conducting and delivering top notch research projects with applications to quantitative strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Financial Engineering. CFA/CAIA are a plus.
- Strong experience in relational database design and implementation and familiarity with time series databases.
- Strong experience in designing and building cross-platform data solutions
- Exposure to Matlab and/or Python desirable
- Experience with data providers like Datastream, Bloomberg etc
- Experience in equities, fixed income and/or multi-asset strategies is a plus.
- Intellectual persistence to tackle hard problems and develop insights from multiple angles.
- Self-starter with experience in designing, creating and presenting research and following research of others.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills a must
- Ability to code technical solutions on the fly under stressful conditions
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.