Human Resources - Talent Acquisition at Franklin Templeton
Views:1075 Applications:146 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Franklin Templeton - Portfolio Construction Specialist (5-10 yrs)
What is the Portfolio Construction Specialist responsible for?
The Portfolio Construction Specialist combines advisory and analytical thought with market and industry experience to offer our clients comprehensive risk, reporting and investment oriented analytics focused on financial modeling, analysis and investment support. The Specialist will work in a team environment to develop and implement solutions that meet our client's business needs, utilizing a high end portfolio construction and risk system to identify specific risks within client portfolios and work to implement possible solutions with our clients. The candidate needs to initially collaborate with internal stakeholders and PCG team to deliver reports, analysis and solutions with the possibility for the group to expand to international distribution in the future.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this role?
- Actively provide advisory and investment ideas and deliver professional service to the clients.
- Partner with Sales and RMs to review and improve client portfolios and design the suitable investment strategies.
- Utilize portfolio construction and risk system to identify specific risks within client portfolios and work to implement possible solutions with our clients.
- Analyze and review model and matrix portfolios using the technical expertise for key clients.
- Provide sound recommendations back to internal stakeholders and collaborating closely with investments, product development, marketing and distribution to position our products in the marketplace
- Review portfolio risk, iterate multiple portfolio options within an expansive risk program and position Franklin Templeton products in client portfolios.
- Assist with workflow optimization and report construction to senior analysts within the team.
Quantitative Research & Modelling
- Provide portfolio construction perspective (investment strategy positioning and performance contact, voice and messaging) to internal business partners responsible for producing and delivering content.
- Collaborate closely with Global Product Management team members and marketing on internal Franklin Templeton products research - both qualitative & quantitative
- Research industry best practices surrounding portfolio construction techniques, risk metrics and evolving research
Assist GPS with reporting and analyzing how internal and external products are utilized in various model portfoliossimilate complex and varied market data into a timely case for product investment
- Provide sound recommendations back to distribution in a clear, concise manner to both internal & external clients
What qualifications are required to be successful in this role?
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Degree holder in Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Fundamental knowledge of mutual fund market, capital market including investment vehicles and research methodologies.
- Analytical and strategic thinking, strong written and verbal English communication.
- Strong Microsoft excel skills, formulas, function, charts etc.
- Skilled in using third party quantitative research platform such as Bloomberg, Factset, Morning Star Direct. Any experience on risk platform would be added advantage.
- A high level of integrity and ethical standards
- CFA L2/L3 or FRM Level 1 mandatory or progress towards CFA is desirable.
- MBA Preferred from reputed institute will be added advantage. (Tier 1 and Tier 2)
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, detail oriental and attention to eye on detail is must.