Senior HR Recruiter at Franklin Templeton Investments
Views:1310 Applications:273 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:136
Franklin Templeton - IT Director - Information Management Group (15-23 yrs)
What is the Director-IT in Information Management Group responsible for?
- Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operational Cloud Services, the Global Information Management Group is responsible for strategic and operational database management, that delivers database applications by developing architecture, performance tuning, troubleshooting and security.
- This role is responsible for delivering improved database reliability, improving critical application/system data recoverability, optimizing global database performance, and is always focused on delivering greater efficiency and cost effectiveness for all our databases.
What are the ongoing responsibilities?
Specific Responsibilities includes the direction and oversight of:
- Establishes the vision, strategy and roadmaps for the Information Management Group.
- Develops Services Fabric & Model for current state and future state - what data runs where services model
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming.
- Delivers key performance indicator reports on system performance and problems.
- Drives upgrades to hardware and software after assessing transaction processing and database production options.
- Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
- Accomplishes platform upgrades and improvements.
- Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Partners with key vendors to influence future database product service and support requirements and enhancements to address business needs and establish supportability.
- Is consulted by other IT groups (Application Development, Communications Engineering, Information Security, etc.) in technology solutions, project approach and service model.
- Performs ROI and other cost-benefit analysis of new strategies and technologies service and support
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- In-depth expertise in the architecture, design and implementation of database technologies to include Oracle, SQL, MySQL, Progress and Cache.
- Expertise in the establishment and steady state support of database upgrades, monitoring, patching, security and audits.
- Proven ability to provide quality and efficient 24x7 database application support, performance tuning and backup/recovery.
- Technical experience in the database design and management of mainframe IMS/DB2 and Oracle; SQL Server, MySQL, Progress and Cache.
- Technical experience designing, deploying and managing Oracle ExaCC engineered system, database Hybrid cloud (on premise and public cloud) on Oracle Cloud & Azure. Also familiar with database backup restore technologies to include IBM TSM, Cohesity, Oracle ZDLRA, iSeries/AS400 and IBM Mainframe backup technologies.
- Passion for database design, engineering and administration with experience in automation of manual process to improve reliability, operate efficiently and embrace self-service.
- Fundamental design and management experience of the following technology and inter-relationship with infrastructure architecture: Oracle, SQL Server, Oracle RMAN, ZDLRA, Oracle ExaCC and Oracle Cloud.
Total : 15 + years
- 10+ years experience data maintenance, database management, promoting process improvement, presenting technical information, database design, reporting skills, quality focus, technical understanding, attention to detail, thoroughness, requirements analysis with for global mid-to-large sized corporation with geographically dispersed populations
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with peer organizations to include Application Development and business teams to meet database service objectives.
- Demonstrated management, and team building experience, improving overall performance during tenure
- Demonstrable experience with multiple applications, database server, storage and backup platforms
- Insight in designing and implementing and supporting highly scalable distributed solutions in any environment (on-premise or Cloud)
- Knowledge of Cloud processing capabilities
- Passionate, collaborative, results-oriented leader with a proven track record of developing and operating effective and appropriate database solutions- while embracing automation and self-service
- Experience in teaming with geographically distributed and culturally diverse workgroups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively and proactively communicate complex database ideas, subjects, and directions to technical and non-technical audiences. Strong vendor management & partner relationship skills to negotiate and leverage database related products to support business objectives
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Possess creative ability, consulting skills and leadership qualities
- B.S. Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
Desired Qualifications :
- Financial Services industry experience
- Expertise in the areas of Information Security and Risk Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery/Avoidance