Human Resources - Talent Acquisition at Franklin Templeton
Views:952 Applications:95 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:43
Franklin Templeton - Director - Financial Business Process & Systems (15-22 yrs)
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Director - Financial Business Process & Systems responsible for ?
The Director of Financial Business Process and Systems (FinBPS) leads production management, system updates, enhancements, and project support for a variety of applications including but not limited to PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, Chrome River, Blackline, Kronos and Corporate Performance Systems. This position will lead a global team with staff in India, Poland and the United States and will work closely with various stakeholders across Finance on supporting and enhancing our existing Finance systems. You will also lead various system related initiatives that are targeted at improving processes and productivity to create efficiencies within FinBPS and the wider Finance organization. Additionally, you will oversee a team of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) developers to support our automation initiative within Finance.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of Director Financial Business Process & Systems ?
Production Management (25%)
- Lead a team of Finance Systems Analysts to ensure timely and efficient production support during critical processing times for our Finance Systems including: PeopleSoft 9.2 (GL, AR, Billing, PC, AM, LA, ePro, Purchasing, AP, CM and DM), Hyperion Planning, Kronos, Blackline, Chrome River and Corporate Performance Systems.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives related to reducing support tickets and increasing the level of service to end users.
- Provide regular reporting and metrics for production support and issue resolution.
- Ensure the team meets SLA timelines for issue resolution.
System Updates and Enhancements (25%)
- Manage a team of Finance systems and project professionals to plan and deliver regular updates and enhancements to our existing Finance systems including: PeopleSoft 9.2 (GL, AR, Billing, PC, AM, LA, ePro, Purchasing, AP, CM and DM), Hyperion Planning, Kronos and Chrome River.
- Work with stakeholders across Finance to prioritize and plan regular updates and enhancements.
- Research options within our existing systems to recommend solutions to address requested system functionality.
- Provide application knowledge in evaluating and improving current business processes.
- Act as a stakeholder during systems projects and initiatives.
- Ensure that updates and enhancements are delivered within the agreed upon timeline using project management and SDLC principles.
Resource Planning/Staffing (15%)
- Manages, plans and coordinates activities of up to 30 management and staff positions.
- Reorganizes and structures team as necessary to support our systems and business.
- Ensures proper resource allocations between production and project activities.
- Sets team performance and specific performance goals for each team member.
- Measures accomplishments to pre-established goals.
- Makes staffing decisions.
- Ensure cross training and cross module ownership within the FinBPS team.
- Develops and implements system and procedural changes to eliminate manual processes and increase team productivity.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Reporting (15%)
- Oversee the RPA development process from design to production for Corporate Finance.
- Work with stakeholders across Finance to prioritize processes for development.
- Provide regular metrics and updates on the progress of RPA within Finance.
- Oversee the report development process for our Finance Systems.
- Ensure reports are developed and delivered according to our SLA.
Regulatory Oversite/Compliance (10%)
- Ensures company adherence to policies and procedures.
- Partners with SOX team to ensure internal controls are accurate and current.
- Coordinates with internal and external auditors in the preparation of required audit documentation as needed for Financial Systems.
- Works with Global Accounting Policy to understand new standards and their related impacts to financial systems.
Business Partnering (10%)
- Maintains business partnerships with Finance leadership to keep informed of new business initiatives.
- Meets with stakeholders of all levels throughout finance (Accounting, AR, Billing, Payroll, FP&A, SOX, AP, Expenses, etc.) to understand their needs, and requests for changes to our finance systems
- Maintain a prioritized backlog (Book of Business) of finance system projects/changes, communicate backlogs and schedules to stakeholders.
What qualifications are required to be successful in this role?
- Bachelors degree in finance, Accounting or Computer Science
- Minimum 15 years of progressive experience managing Finance Systems.
- 10 + years of experience with PeopleSoft Financials.
- 10 + years experience building and managing cross-functional teams
- Experience working in global organization
- CPA, PMP, CMA
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle is required. Project Management experience preferred.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employees dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.