HR Recruiter at Franklin Templeton
Views:478 Applications:167 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Franklin Templeton - Data Scientist - Investment Management Team (4-8 yrs)
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Research Analyst / Data Scientist in Investment Management team responsible for ?
Partners with investment teams to provide machine learning / AI / Data Analysis expertise to enhance investment decisions and returns. Engage Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Portfolio Managers in investment team meetings; present and share investment ideas, insights and results.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Data Scientist?
- Engaging Portfolio Managers in investment team meetings; present and share investment ideas, insights, and results
- Selecting/creating features from raw data, and building/optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending the data used in modeling with third party sources of information
- Processing, cleaning, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated data consistency checks (e.g. between live/historical data) and unit testing techniques to ensure ongoing model performance
- Building, deploying, and maintaining ML models in cloud environment.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelors or Master's with 4+ years of coding and data science experience
- Prior experience in Investment Management / Financial Services / FinTech is a must
- Experience in Fixed Income Modeling/Quant (or) Research Experience in US Securitized Products or Consumer Credit is a plus
- Professional certifications such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) are preferred
- Requires advanced skills in Python especially Pandas
- Must be able to produce code in Python at a rapid rate
- Experience with supervised/unsupervised machine learning techniques, especially tree-based algorithms, and k-means clustering. Neural networks experience is a plus, especially with RNNs and CNNs
- Experience modeling and making sense of complex systems
- Must have at least 4+ years of coding experience.
- The applicant must have a strong underlying coding ability
- Must have strong applied statistics skills, such as understanding of distributions, hypothesis testing, and probability
- Great communication skills and experience with data visualization tools in Python
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus. Must be able to write basic queries at minimum
- Experience with high performance computing is a plus (e.g. cluster computing on Azure with Spark/Hadoop)
- Masters/PhD in a quantitative discipline is a plus, but is not required
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also cover employee's dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life insurance for protection of employees- families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.