HR at Fractal Analytics
Views:3673 Applications:131 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Fractal Analytics - Data Scientist (3-8 yrs)
Position Title : Data Scientist
Location : Mumbai/Bangalore/Gurgaon
Our Integrated Marketing Effectiveness team needs a hands-on data scientist with the capability to perform independent statistical and ML research and develop & code production-grade novel algorithms for our business-experimentation platform. If you are an exceptional data scientist with a zest for exploring new techniques and technologies and are passionate about the science of experimentation, then we would like to talk with you.
- You would be responsible for managing, developing, maintaining and marketing the business-experimentation suite at Fractal.
- The role would involve conducting research and prototyping innovations; data and requirements gathering; solution scoping and architecture; consulting clients and client facing teams on advanced statistical and machine learning problems - especially in the areas of marketing and designing experiments.
- The role would also involve testing various machine learning and analytical tools, especially in the big data space, to scale prototypes to production-grade systems. Familiarity with big data technologies and distributed computing concepts will be an advantage.
Qualification & Experience
3+ years of demonstrable experience designing ML/statistical solutions to complex business problems at scale; developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code to implement those solutions.
Ideally, this would include the following:
- High proficiency in concepts and algorithms used in design of experiments.
- Experience in machine learning, Python, Statistics, Computer Science, Spark.
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one of R or Python's (preferred) data science stack.
- Expert-level proficiency in statistical/ML predictive techniques such as regression, Bayesian methods, tree-based learners, SVM etc.
- Demonstrable experience of formulating a problem statement and implementing analytical solutions by understanding available data and functional requirements.
- Thorough grasp on RDBMS and data management concepts as well as fluency in SQL scripting.
- Fair understanding of distributed computing in multicore and/or clusters, especially using R/Python.
- Operating knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, especially EMR, EC2, S3, and the AWS CLI).
- Experience working within a Linux computing environment, and use of command line tools for automating common tasks.
- Ability to work in a team in an agile setting, familiarity with JIRA and clear understanding of how version control software works, especially Git.
In addition, the ideal candidate would have great problem solving skills, and the ability & confidence to hack their way out of tight corners.
MS / M.Tech (preferred) or BS / B.Tech. in a field with significant quantitative training such as Statistics, ML, AI, Physics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.