Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:1994 Applications:407 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
FP&A Manager/Financial Analyst - Consulting Space (8-12 yrs)
Our client is a leader in Consulting space globally having its headquarter in the US
The Financial Analyst/Leader FP&A will perform on-going financial analysis covering all aspects of analysis from Proposals, Projects, Divisions to Company Level P&L; including profitability analysis, forecast costs and variances and fee deviations,.
In addition, the FA will support Corporate Accounting role.
Essential Duties :
Main purpose of job (List primary duties that occupy a majority of incumbent time in order of importance.)
- Perform on-going financial analysis; including ability to conduct profitability analysis, forecast costs and variances and fee deviations.
- Lead budgeting,forecasting and other FP&A processes.
- Perform portfolio and pipeline analyses, as well as ad-hoc analytics as required.
- Provide financial guidance to project/task leaders and/or business unit management to inform long- and short-term strategies, investments, and other key decisions.
- Perform on-going project review including; review of actual costs for proper charging and accuracy; initiate journal entries; review invoices; and support processing payment approvals.
- Prepare monthly progress reports including project forecasts and resource projections for client; ensure that all projects are reviewed on monthly basis and summarization of financial condition of project is communicated to project leaders.
- Prepare reports and presentations for India Board as well as Senior Management of International
- Provide effective guidance to project leader and team management regarding potential change in statement of work requiring revised budget.
- Support preparation of continuation applications/carry over fund budgets; prepare add-on budgets
- Review initial project authorizations and project setup for accuracy, review/solicit guidance for understanding of relevant terms and conditions applicable to contract.
- Review and solicit guidance of key sources of information relative to bid opportunity.
- Identify solicitation needs from financial perspective to develop responsive business proposal with team management.
- Ensure proposals are prepared according to Best Practices and in accordance with Institute policies
- Clarify/Consult with team management regarding contractual issues.
- Lead proposal review meetings to facilitate discussions of bid strategy and financial risk with proposal team and senior management
- Other related tasks in relation to Financial Analysis
- Supports and handles the tasks as assigned in Corporate Accounting and Operations including but not limited to Invoicing, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Treasury, Supporting Compliances, Process support to related companies, etc.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Job Requirements are a combination of qualifications and related experience. Judgment of an acceptable equivalent combination, on an individual basis, is the responsibility of Management.
Minimum Required Education & Experience :
- Bachelor's degree and 8 - 12 years' related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
1. CA Preferred / / MBA in Finance
2. Prior experience of working as a Financial support/ financial management
3. Prior experience of working with international and/or U.S. based organization(s).
Skills & Abilities :
- Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, technical staff and clients;
- Ability to understand, present and convey financial information to non-financial staff and effectively assist in the management of a project from a financial perspective
- Provide clear, concise and sound guidance on project financial information to project leaders.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload, self-manage and complete tasks to best meet project needs.
- Attention to detail and accuracy within context of policies.
- Ability to be resourceful and to take initiative in analyzing situations and applying principles and procedures to assist in the development of solutions to difficult problems;
- Ability to effectively manage particularly complex and high dollar value projects including developing key relationships, understanding and managing financial indicators and conveying key information to senior staff that is relevant to the project (Project Based Reporting).
- Demonstrated leadership as leader of internal teams and functional leadership in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines.
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.