Founderbank Capital - Principal/Partner (5-10 yrs)
Founderbank Capital (www.founderbankcapital.com) is seeking to add an experienced
Principal / Partner to its investment team.
About Firm: We are an early-stage investment firm that partners with exceptional founders globally, to build disruptive technology-driven breakthrough companies. We invest in all rounds of early stage investing from Seed to Series B rounds, with a preference for Pre-Series A and Series A rounds. We follow a sector-agnostic and location agnostic approach in our investments and often co-invest with leading institutional ventures and private equity funds. Our primary investment focus is India. However, we also make investments in US, China, and South-East Asia.
FounderBank Capital is anchored by RB Investments, a Singapore based venture capital fund that specializes in late stage venture capital and private equity and has so far invested in 60+ ventures globally including Swiggy, ShareChat, GlowRoad, Travel Triangle, HomeLane, PropTiger, BlueStone, Sugar Cosmetics, The Beer Caf-, Fab Hotels, and many more.
- Be responsible for market coverage and deal sourcing focused on early-stage tech ventures in India and SE Asia
- Lead potential investment evaluation, diligence and management of the whole investment process including investment negotiation, documentation and closing procedures
- Review and screen entrepreneurs- pitch decks, conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, assist in due diligence;
- Proactively source high-quality new investment opportunities that fit our investment criteria;
- Manage due diligence process, write investment memos and assist with investment execution;
- Assist in preparing term sheets, reviewing legal documentation, and negotiating legal terms
- Perform deal analysis and recommendations for follow-on investments in existing portfolio companies;
- Interact with entrepreneurs, incubators, advisors, limited partners, other institutional investors, the media, lawyers, and others in the tech ecosystem.
- Prepare exit strategy and ensure timely exits of portfolio companies for realizing financial returns
- Assist in portfolio management and exit planning at RB Investments as well beyond FounderBank Capital
- Develop presentation materials for the firm, investors, and portfolio companies
- Analyze operational forecasts and business strategies for active and potential investments
- Meet with portfolio companies regularly to understand progress and identify areas in which the firm can add value
The person will also be expected to fundraise for the fund from new Limited Partners after creating a successful track record within 18-24 months of operations after the deployment of initial capital set aside by RB Investments for the fund. Any previous LP fundraising experience will put you at a significant advantage in this hiring process.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
We value grit, tenacity, analytical horsepower, integrity, and candidates that can demonstrate a clear pattern of personal growth in their career and personal choices. What you have accomplished in the world of startups and technology and the path you traveled to get there matters more than a degree or work experience in a particular role or with specific employers.
- Previous experience as a technology entrepreneur is strongly preferred but is not essential.
- buy side experience on VC / venture investing side is mandatory.
- Educational background: University undergraduate degree ideally in engineering or business. Masters/ MBA graduates are welcome but not a requirement
- 5+ years of overall work experience in finance (e.g., investment banking, private equity, venture capital) or consulting with heavy valuation work
- Investment experience of having led the sourcing, execution, and closing of at least 5 investments in companies which have subsequently scaled and raised follow on capital
- Well entrenched in the startup ecosystem with a network of founders, ecosystem participants and other active co-investors
- Experience with modeling and valuation techniques, including an understanding of basic accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Poise and ability to collaborate with C-level entrepreneurs and fellow investors.