Founderbank Capital - Associate - Investment Team (2-5 yrs)
Founderbank Capital (www.founderbankcapital.com) is seeking to add an Associate to its investment team.
About Firm: We are an early-stage investment firm that partners with exceptional founders globally, to build disruptive technology-driven breakthrough companies. We invest in all rounds of early stage investing from Seed to Series B rounds, with a preference for Pre-Series A and Series A rounds. We follow a sector-agnostic and location agnostic approach in our investments and often co-invest with leading institutional ventures and private equity funds. Our primary investment focus is India. However, we also make investments in US, China, and South-East Asia.
FounderBank Capital is anchored by RB Investments, a Singapore based venture capital fund that specializes in late stage venture capital and private equity and has so far invested in 60+ ventures globally including Swiggy, ShareChat, GlowRoad, Travel Triangle, HomeLane, PropTiger, BlueStone, Sugar Cosmetics, The Beer Caf-, Fab Hotels, and many more.
- Assist in investment evaluation, diligence and management of the whole investment process including investment negotiation, documentation and closing procedures
- Review and screen entrepreneurs- pitch decks, conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, assist in due diligence;
- Manage due diligence process, write investment memos and assist with investment execution;
- Perform deal analysis and recommendations for follow-on investments in existing portfolio companies;
- Drive rigorous valuation analyses to support investment decision-making
- Market Research :- Identify the trends in the technology sector and build a steady pipeline of new prospects basis the investment thesis
- Interact with entrepreneurs, incubators, advisors, limited partners, other institutional investors, the media, lawyers, and others in the tech ecosystem.
- Assist in portfolio management and exit planning at RB Investments as well beyond FounderBank Capital
- Develop presentation materials for the firm, investors, and portfolio companies
- Analyze operational forecasts and business strategies for active and potential investments
- Meet with portfolio companies regularly to understand progress and identify areas in which the firm can add value
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- Previous experience as a technology entrepreneur is strongly preferred but is not essential.
- Educational background: University undergraduate degree ideally in engineering or business. Masters/ MBA graduates are welcome but not a requirement
- 2+ years of overall work experience in finance (e.g., investment banking, private equity, venture capital) or consulting with heavy valuation work
- Experience with modeling and valuation techniques, including an understanding of basic accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Poise and ability to collaborate with C-level entrepreneurs and fellow investors.
. Buy side experience on VC / venture investing side is mandatory.