Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:1289 Applications:106 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Forensic Investigator (3-7 yrs)
Role Description – Forensic investigator
- Department information
- Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, Risk and Compliance group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. The group is experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modeling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
- Using specialist accounting, investigation and business skills in assisting clients involved in commercial or regulatory disputes or in the investigation of fraud and impropriety. Working in the team will mean getting involved in a broad range of projects, i.e. Fraud investigations, and tracing assets.
- In particular we are looking for Assistants for our Forensic investigations team. Company has deep experience in conducting investigations across many sectors in different jurisdictions, enabling us to assist in identifying the objectives of an investigation and how they should be addressed. We develop a case-specific plan of action, focus on key questions, and emphasize confidentiality above all. Included in our approach is consideration of the need for rapid response as well as needs relating to geography, language, culture, industry, and subject matter.
Role and responsibilities
The role undertaken by the individuals will depend on the type and circumstances of each project but will generally incorporate:
- Analyze audit and accounting procedures and the control environment that deal with an organizations possible exposure to fraudulent financial reporting.
- Prepare minutes of meetings conducted by on-site team in the company/Client specific format based on transcripts or scanned notes.
- Perform financial statement analysis and review of financial events within administrative records and develop recommendations.
- Summarize, analyze, and prepare analysis reports and findings in a clear, logical and concise manner.
- Perform day-to-day activities such as transcribing of interview recordings, development of organizational charts based on publicly available data, review of e-mail / telephonic traffic and fine-tuning of (draft) reports.
- Interaction with a range of technical and managerial personnel from our clients and their contractual counterparties to gather, understand and validate information.
There may be some overseas travel.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related quantitative field of study.
- Between one and three years experience with corporate investigations with a leading specialist or second-tier firm.
Experience and Background
To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Thorough understanding of accounting methods (IFRS, GAAP), sophisticated accounting transactions, corporate filings, and financial statements.
- Ability to produce grammatically correct written technical reports.
- Experience in conducting corporate fact finding investigations.
- Familiarity with common money laundering schemes as well as an understanding of the Anti Money Laundering legal and regulatory environment.
– work on own initiative and proactively identify, analyse, prioritise and resolve issues.
– to execute plans, manage multiple tasks and prioritise workloads.
– to deliver high quality services with attention to detail.
– to multi-task, respond to ad-hoc situations and to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- The ability to focus on detail, work methodically and to be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership of a task and complete it from start to finish.
- Experience in writing interactive, analytical reports preferred Exposure to working in multi-national and multi-location teams especially with the Netherlands
- An enthusiasm to get involved in marketing activity and in developing the Forensic practice.
- Passport holder with an ability to travel internationally if required
Please contact / or send resume on firstname.lastname@example.org
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.