Foodoo - Assistant Manager - Purchase & Operations (5-7 yrs)
It's an exciting time of growth for FDL; we- re inviting a result driven individual to join as Purchase Executive/Manager/Assistant Manager In our Operations division.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced talent with the deep knowledge & Network to be part of a global Food & Beverages organization!
As Purchase Executive, you will be responsible for primarily supporting Seasonings Business through buying the spices, flavours and ingredients for the seasoning and associated products. You will be required to focus on Spice & Seasoning Department but will be groomed to become over all purchase partner for the company.
The incumbent should have proven application ability with aptitude to continuously develop skills to provide best in support to FDL clients. Extensive knowledge of ingredients, Spices- pricing to quality, processes, flavors and ingredients in associated category applications is a must.
Job Responsibility :
- Source, select and negotiate with supplier and constantly strive for the best purchase price, while maintaining the highest level of service and product quality.
- Monitor closely and follow up on the ordering process, and liaise with both in-house departments and external parties to ensure smooth goods delivery.
- Monitor closely the stock movement/buffer stock for various products, and together with the superiors, discuss on the decision to purchase.
- Take care of the product quality and defective goods, and handle the follow-up procedures needed, such as goods exchange and monetary compensation.
- Participate actively in supply chain management, supplier development and evaluation programs.
- Develop and improve purchasing processes, which lead to cost reduction initiatives.
- Involve in research duties to gather information on new products and new suppliers
- Handle other ad hoc project/duties as and when required.
Required Experience :
- Minimum 5 years- experience in food or snacks industry.
- Minimum 3 years in Seasoning related work.
Academic Qualification :
Master's Degree preferred
At FDL, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability.
About the company:
Foodoo India (FDL) is an innovation led taste and nutrition solutions provider to brand owners in the Food & Beverage industry. The business was established in 2006, originally as a sourcing office for FDL UK and subsequently catering to Indian clientele from 2008. Foodoo established a factory in 2013 to manufacture their value-added solutions with innovation at its core.
The Taste led product group is focused on providing solutions to the organised food service industry with syrups, sauces, seasonings, gourmet mixes, toppings and inclusions for a variety of food service applications. The customer list includes international brand majors like McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Starbucks, Costa, Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts and prominent domestic brands like Cafe Coffee Day, Chaayos, Haldirams, etc. The USP and key offering is 'customized solutions' with deep key account relationships and engagement. There is a small but growing business of standardized products that are distributed catering to the standalone hotels, restaurants and catering (horeca) segment.
The Nutrition led business is essentially a vitamin and mineral blend business where Foodoo designs the nutritional blend and supply to a range of fortified food manufacturers including FMCG majors like GSK-Unilever, Brittania, Heinz and Amul. There is another significant segment of customers that are creating nutritionally fortified foods ending up with UN and other multilateral aid agencies and nutrition improvement projects.
While our revenues and profits are made from sale of products - normally intermediate ingredients whether to enhance taste or nutrition, the real value we provide our customers is the innovation - developing a customised solution meeting their need for a particular taste or a specific nutrient value and delivering the same through the product we supply.
Foodoo India operates from an integrated 2 acre site in Manesar/Gurgaon, 30km from Delhi Airport which houses its innovation labs, production facilities and offices. The company currently has ~50 staff across all functions.