Talent Acquisition Lead at Directi
Views:1532 Applications:169 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Flock - Data Scientist (4-8 yrs)
Flock is an enterprise messaging and collaboration app. At Flock we believe that synchronous messaging tools, supported with internal and external applications, have the power to smash organisational hierarchies, breakdown silos in the workplace, help companies better capture innovative ideas, support individuals in making faster decisions, and also bring more personable communication style into the workplace.
With 30,000 businesses already using the platform we know that we are onto something big, and are now gearing up for a period of rapid growth.
Flock is founded by Bhavin Turakhia. Serial entrepreneur and billionaire, Bhavin Turakhia is driven by a passion for problem-solving and maximizing efficiency through technology driven innovations. In the last 22 years, he has built 5 successful businesses, all driven by his belief that it is our moral obligation to make an impact that is proportionate to our potential. At 17, he co-founded Resellerclub, Logicboxes and BigRock, which he exited in a $160mn transaction in 2014. He is presently heading Flock - a suite of productivity apps, Zeta - a digital payments platform, and Radix - a leading registry for top-level extensions.
We are looking to hire a data scientist who will work with various cross-functional teams such as product, marketing, engineering, sales and customer success to develop and deliver data structures, statistical models, reports and deep-dive analysis that will provide actionable recommendations for Flock business. We are looking for a problem solver with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who has a good understanding of statistics and machine learning, and able to work on projects from conceptualization to execution.
What is the Job like?
- Work with a team of high performing data science professionals, and cross-functional business partners to identify business opportunities, optimize marketing campaigns, drive product road map or go to market strategy
- Build automated data dashboards and visualizations to deliver business insights to the senior leadership team
- Understand business problems and provide data-driven solutions for those problems
- Develop statistical models and data-driven solutions to add lift to key performance metrics
- Initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
Who should apply for this role?
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a quantitative discipline - Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics etc
- 4+ years of experience working in data science or business analytics role
- Experience working with large amounts of data using SQL, SAS, R or other statistical packages
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting
- Experience programming in Python, Java or other programming languages
- Experience in data dashboarding and visualization tool like Tableau, PowerBI or QuickSight
- Experience in machine learning techniques like regression analysis, decision tree etc. a plus
Benefits and Perks
We at Flock love our jobs. And its no surprise we get to work on exciting, new projects with some of the best brains in the industry, and that too in a vibrant atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and conducive for our personal and professional growth.
And Flock goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We offer benefits ranging from affordable catered meals and even snacks on the house. Our work spaces are welcoming and fun, complete with bean bag chairs and ping pong tables. You are free to wear what makes you comfortable and choose the hours you keep, as a team. Oh, and weve got your family covered too, with great health insurance plans and other benefits. In short, everything you need to be your best self at work!
We are passionate about helping teams move to the next level of communication and collaboration, and believe that happy employees are key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working on cutting-edge technologies and solutions that have a truly global impact, get in touch!