FlipSpaces - Manager - Central Purchase & Procurement (4-7 yrs)
DESIGNATION: Manager - Central Purchase & Procurement
- The Manager in question is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the corporate procurement and material management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and services.
- The candidate will be responsible for new vendor development which will involve vendor discovery, KYC, background diligence, vendor negotiation, onboarding and continual upskilling
- The candidate will direct the procurement of goods and services for the client; assist Procurement team members and colleagues with procurement processes, change and updates other procurement-related activities; develop and/or update procurement policies and procedures; and be a part of development of a centralized procurement program that will add value and efficiency to the organization.
- Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team and organization.
- Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed.
- Process purchase orders; develop bids and proposals; and reconcile any invoice discrepancies.
- Deputation on live projects of smaller size in non-client interfacing role to understand processes
- Introduction to Key Vendors and participation in live Procurement Negotiations
- Introduction to internal Financial, Quality Audit Processes
- Introduction to Team and make ecosystem of Setting KPIs
- Hiring of downline team as applicable
NEXT 1-3 MONTHS:
- Accountability of procurement size of minimum INR 1-1.5 Cr/month
- Creation and Execution of Empanelment SoP for vendors in key service categories
- Building ecosystem for process automation to ensure Poka-Yoke based procurement system
- Building ecosystem for Cost Benchmarking and Zero Based Costing of all materials and services
NEXT 3-12 MONTHS:
- Accountability of procurement size of minimum INR 20 Cr/annum
- Implementing multiple process and ecosystems to fuel scalability with tech automation
WHO WILL THIS ROLE REPORT TO:
- Direct line reporting to Head of Procurement with dotted line reporting to Regional Heads
GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU:
- Independently setup and lead the procurement process of the company with the possibility to grow into a leadership role directly reporting to top-level hierarchy in the company.
- Become an entrepreneur. We operate in a highly entrepreneurial culture. Almost all roles at Flipspaces are constructed to operate as an independent business unit.
- Massive exposure to the domestic and international Design & Build business procurement. We have built unique insights and processes into how Design & Build Business works. This role will give strong exposure to it.
- Exposure to setup procurement for international projects (in USA) provided after proving exemplary performance in domestic business.
- If your passion is analytics , setting up processes in procurement, logistics and seeing its implementation, this role is a perfect preamble to creating a company in this domain
- Opportunity to ride the growth journey as Commercial Real Estate will experience Meteoric Scale post Covid
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
- IIT, IIM and Tier-1 college graduates are preferred
- The role is meant for a fast-paced, self motivated and a driven individual
- You should be exceptional at interpersonal relations and Client handling. Client Delight is paramount for a successful engagement.
- Thorough understanding of PnL/Finance will increase the chances of selection. You need to have a head for numbers and an ability to manage numbers and data with advanced excel level skills. The role requires you to be deft at Project financial reporting and PnL supervision techniques. The ticket size of transaction being high and multiple vendor involved in each project it requires skilful articulation with financial numbers
- Procurement Experience in Commercial Interior Fit-Out would be preferred
- Minimum 3 yrs of experience in procurement or project management into Real Estate/ Related Industry preferred
- MBA operations/finance From Tier-1 Colleges
- Degree in Construction/Operations Management: