Flipspaces - General Manager - Supply Chain - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (5-12 yrs)
Flipspaces | General Manager Supply Chain
We are a Virtual-Reality-Tech-based design and contracting venture that aims at disrupting the way consumers design and execute the interiors of their spaces. At the core of the venture is a path-breaking technology product which gamifies the interior- designing experience for the consumer putting the control of interior-design in the hands of the consumer.
Flipspaces is arguably one of India's Fastest Growing Real Estate ventures with interests in Consulting, Technology, Design and Management of commercial real estate. A venture by high-pedigree entrepreneurs from IIT, the venture looks at transforming the way brands find, design and manage their commercial spaces. With pan India operations we are headquartered in Mumbai, and Flipspaces has offices in Bangalore Delhi, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, USA, Pune, Ahmedabad and soon starting in UAE.
COMPANY GROWTH STORY AND OUTLOOK:
The company was formed in 2011. It started as a manufacturing enterprise with captive production capabilities in modular furniture, wall dcor, loose seating, and home accents. It entered into Interior Turnkey Projects in 2014 and has grown 4X year on year and is geared up for international expansion in USA, Singapore, and Middle East.
The cutting edge technology, in-house manufacturing capabilities, tech-enabled project management & execution, and a huge team of qualified vendors - enables delivering the promise of all services with supreme quality, quick turn-around time, and cost benefits. It's on search for young enterprising candidates which can help create the next level of leadership.
Some of the esteemed clients are Corporates like Times of India, Radio Mirchi, Aditya Birla Group, PnG, BSH, Quantiphi; Co-working operators like Regus, Indiqube, DevX, Co-offiz; Startups like RazorPay, CoverFox, Nobroker, Ninjacart; Restaurants like Chaayos, Busago and many more.
Take a sneak peek at one of our game changing tech which is set to turn the way design ideas are envisioned and iterated. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-A3MFs7rLc&t=14s)
Please find below links of our digital platforms:
1. Company Culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNzg5-f6YGs
2. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/flipspaces/
3. Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/flipspaces/
4. LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/flipspaces
5. Twitter: https://twitter.com/flipspaces
6. Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/flipspaces
7. Website: https://www.flipspaces.com/
DESIGNATION: General Manager - Supply Chain
- The General Manager in question is responsible for setting up the Global Supply Chain ecosystem for product sourcing, deliveries, and installation
- The candidate will drive product development activities across interior design and build space, right from exploration(in India and abroad), to partnership contracts, setting up supply chain networks, and fulfilment
- The leader in question is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the corporate sourcing and material management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and services.
- In this leadership role, candidate would develop a business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and/or update sourcing policies and procedures; and build a centralised procurement program that will add value and efficiency to the organisation.
- In this role, you will have tactical responsibility for the development and implementation of sourcing strategies, procedures and systems that support the company and requirements- for exports, internal consumption and product sales.
- Develop, communicate and administer supply chain team performance and development plans and appraisals.
- Serve as the primary contact for sourcing related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
- Develop and implement training programs for the entire team.
- Deputation on live projects of smaller size, to understand processes
- Introduction to Key Partners and participation in live Negotiations
- Introduction to internal Financial, Quality Audit Processes
- Introduction to Team and make ecosystem of Setting KPIs
- Hiring of downline team as applicable
NEXT 1-3 MONTHS:
- Accountability of a minimum INR 6-7.5 Cr/month business
- Creation and Execution of Empanelment SoP for partners in key categories
- Building ecosystem for process automation to ensure Poka-Yoke based sourcing system
- Building ecosystem for Cost Benchmarking and Zero Based Costing of all materials and services
NEXT 3-12 MONTHS:
- Accountability of a minimum INR 150 Cr/annum business
- Implementing multiple process and ecosystems to fuel scalability with tech automation
WHO WILL THIS ROLE REPORT TO: Direct reporting to the Operations Head/Director
GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU:
- Independently setup and lead the central sourcing vertical of the company. It is one of the primary intents to nurture leaders into organic growth within the growth. The founding team would prefer to spend time with personnel who can take complete accountability of sourcing while adding on to process improvements to the system.
- Become an entrepreneur. We operate in a highly entrepreneurial culture. Almost all roles at Flipspaces are constructed to operate as an independent business unit.
- Massive exposure to the domestic and international Design & Build business business. We have built unique insights and processes into how Design & Build Business works. This role will give strong visibility to it.
- Exposure to setup procurement for international projects (in USA) provided proving of exemplary performance in domestic business.
- If your passion is analytics , setting up processes in procurement, logistics and seeing its implementation, this role is a perfect preamble to creating a company in this domain
- Opportunity to ride the growth journey as Commercial Real Estate will experience Meteoric Scale post Covid.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
- IIT, IIM and Tier-1 college graduates are preferred.
- The role is not for those seeking comfort, stability, and a strict 9-5 schedule. Building and maintaining market leadership is not an easy path. Motivation and speed are essential qualifying criteria.
- If you aren't exceptional at interpersonal relations and Client handling. Client Delight is paramount for a successful engagement. If you are not prepared for a high touch Vendor engagement this job is not for you.
- Thorough understanding of PnL/Finance will increase the chances of selection. If you do not like talking numbers, this role is not for you.
The role requires you to be deft at Project financial reporting and PnL supervision techniques. The ticket size of transaction being high and multiple vendor involved in each project it requires skillful articulation with financial numbers.
- If you don't have excellent written and oral communication. Since you will be communicating to everyone from the client side beginning from site incharge to the CEO , articulation of project related communication/issues needs to be done intelligently.
- Procurement Experience in Commercial Interior Fitout preferred.
- Supply chain experience into Real Estate/ Related Industry would be preferred, but not mandatory.
- If you cannot explain in the interview how much you know about Flipspaces and how would your presence add any value to the business
supported by egs from the past. No loose answers.
- If you are a boring person key accomplishments are not crazy enough for us.
- MBA operations From Tier-1 Colleges
- Startup/fast paced scale experience