FlipSpaces - Deputy General Manager - Procurement - IIT/IIM/ISB (5-10 yrs)
Deputy General Manager - Procurement - IIT/IIM/ISB
- The DGM in question is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the corporate procurement and material management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and services.
- In this leadership role, the successful candidate will direct the procurement of goods and services for the client; assist Procurement team members and colleagues with procurement processes, change and updates other procurement-related activities; develop and/or update procurement policies and procedures; and be a part of development of a centralised procurement program that will add value and efficiency to the organisation.
- Your team will have tactical responsibility for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems that support the company's acquisition and materials management of goods and services - for both resale, customer integration and internal use.
- Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals.
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
- Oversee contract development and administration.
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team and organization.
- Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed.
- Develop a centralized procurement program that adds value and efficiency to the organization;
- Process purchase orders; develops bids and proposals; and reconcile any invoice discrepancies.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Solid analytical and computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Premium Engineering, Business, Logistics or related field
- 5 to 7 years of related experience, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- A results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program