FlipSpaces - Deputy General Manager/General Manager - Supply Chain - IIT/IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (8-15 yrs)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Designation- Deputy General Manager/ General Manager- Supply Chain
This role is responsible for leading the planning and execution of supply chain initiatives. Leading end to end supply planning process including demand planning, supply planning, S&OP and inbound material planning. This role will lead the development of planning strategies and implement appropriate processes to manage demand plans, manufacturing capacity, and inventory levels to fulfil sales demand, meet customer service metrics and optimize costs. This role will also be responsible for efficient flow of materials into manufacturing. The Supply Chain Planning Director reports to the VP Supply Chain.
- IIT, IIM and Tier-1 college graduates are preferred
- Candidate should be Smart, Confident, balanced with logical and practical thinking, focused, able to handle the pressure, and quality oriented
- Understanding of P&L/Finance will increase the chances of selection
- E-commerce SCM experience is preferred
- 8+ years experience is a mandatory qualifier
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated supply planning process that incorporates raw materials planning, distribution planning, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory and associated cost elements. Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support managing inventory, purchasing, and material control.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future. Analyze and update capacity and inventory plans monthly based on demand and output changes, and changes in planned customer service levels. Ensure effective translation of supply plans to master production plans to match customer demand (orders and forecast) with available resources while achieving inventory and cost objectives.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Marketing and Finance to assure consistent development and alignment of all demand and supply plans. Regularly provide updates and align with Customer Service, Operations and Logistics on issues related to: out of stocks, service issues, supplier issues, production schedule adherence, order issues, inventory metrics, and other related issues.
- Manage the end to end supply chain flow, including goal and performance management.
- Make appropriate decisions on supply chain planning policies (e.g. replenishment strategies for warehoused materials, make-to-stock v. make-to-order; target DOS and/or safety stock strategies).
- Accountable for key metrics: working capital (inventory to plan) On time Delivery (on-time in full), DOS (days of supply), Inventory, and supply chain costs.
- Work towards continuous improvement for serving all customers within the stated service delivery times across the city
- Liaison with customer relationship team to ensure seamless customer experience
- Established QC process and defined tolerance guidelines for products at the vendor end reducing the % of rejects across the supply chain
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Customer Focus and ability to get results
- Demonstrated Process improvement skills and Demonstrated negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate in matrix organization and bring numerous groups (Sales, Manufacturing, Finance) together to execute business strategies
- Proven leadership abilities and in depth knowledge of Supply Chain Management