Flipspaces - Deputy General Manager/General Manager - Operations - IIT/IIM (8-15 yrs)
We are a Virtual-Reality-Tech-based design and contracting venture that aims at disrupting the way consumers design and execute the interiors of their spaces. At the core of the venture is a path-breaking technology product which gamifies the interior- designing experience for the consumer putting the control of interior-design in the hands of the consumer. Flipspaces is arguably one of India's Fastest Growing Real Estate ventures with interests in Consulting, Technology, Design and Management of commercial real estate. A venture by high- pedigree entrepreneurs from IIT, the venture looks at transforming the way brands find, design and manage their commercial spaces. With pan India operations we are headquartered in Mumbai, and Flipspaces has offices in Bangalore Delhi, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, USA, Pune, Ahmedabad and soon starting in UAE.
COMPANY GROWTH STORY AND OUTLOOK:
The company was formed in 2011. It started as a manufacturing enterprise with captive production capabilities in modular furniture, wall decor, loose seating, and home accents. It entered into Interior Turnkey Projects in 2014 and has grown 4X year on year and is geared up for international expansion in USA, Singapore, and Middle East.
The cutting edge technology, in-house manufacturing capabilities, tech-enabled project management & execution, and a huge team of qualified vendors - enables delivering the promise of all services with supreme quality, quick turn-around time, and cost benefits. It's on search for young enterprising candidates which can help create the next level of leadership.
Some of the esteemed clients are Corporates like Times of India, Radio Mirchi, Aditya Birla Group, PnG, BSH, Quantiphi; Co-working operators like Regus, Indiqube, DevX, Co-offiz; Startups like RazorPay, CoverFox, IndusOS; Restaurants like Chaayos, Busago and many
Designation- Deputy General Manager/General Manager - Operations
- IIT, IIM and Tier-1 college graduates are preferred
- Candidate should be Smart, Confident, balanced with logical and practical thinking, focused, able to handle the pressure, and quality oriented
- Understanding of PnL/Finance will increase the chances of selection
- Real Estate Background experience mandatory
- Min.8 yrs of experience in Real Estate Industry
HIRING BUSINESS LEADERS:
- The Business Leader role is paramount to Flipspaces's success during the sharp growth phase it is currently in. This individual will act as the complete owner of his/her domain, be it targeted lead closures in sales or timely project delivery under operations or bespoke design fulfilment under the design role.
- The individual will work as a core leadership member and will be accountable for crafting the growth roadmap of the organisation along with owing the responsibility of building the organisational culture as well.
- Flipspaces is a result oriented workplace which values merit and performance foremost. It is a place where young and ambitious leaders are nurtured and propelled to bring the best in them.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF AN OPERATIONS BUSINESS LEADER?
- Heading the operations and back-end for overall City and achieving business goals set by the organization
- Overseeing overall construction of interior projects assigned
- Lead and manage overall operations and profitability in accordance with the business goals of the firm
- Identifying work front, required labour count and ensuring the timely execution and quality of each project
- Lead weekly project reviews to define critical success factors for specific clients and projects, and - develop strategies and tactics to achieve them while mitigating business risks.
- Ensure the quality of the service deliverable through strong QA/QC Review, hiring, training, and utilization of staff, leveraging efforts to maximize value for the firm.
- Ensuring flawless and regular documentation for the management and clients
- Execute on a wide variety of initiatives from broad ops strategies to tactical improvements
- Develop, document, and implement workflows to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization (sales, human resources, marketing, product, finance, legal, and analytics) to recommend and implement changes to operations processes
- Evaluation and implementation of new project management tools and technologies to improve workflows
- Ensure Client Satisfaction by holding regular interaction and review with clients, trade contractors, architects and project management consultants & others to monitor and co-ordinate all phases of construction.
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining Quality Standards at the project site with Safety health and environment plan as per standard norms and clients requirements/expectations
- Monitoring Billing & Realization of payments (both ways external and internal)
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delay
Summary: Supply Chain, Operations, Planning, Quality Control, Organizational Leadership, P&L Management, Risk Management, Inventory Management, Warehousing, and Quality Control
NEXT 1 MONTH:
- Deputation on live projects of smaller size in non-client interfacing role
- Introduction to Key Vendors and participation in live Procurement Negotiations
- Introduction to internal Financial, Quality Audit Processes
- Introduction to Team and make ecosystem of Setting KPIs
NEXT 1-3 MONTHS:
- Accountability of PnL size for minimum revenue of INR 1.5 Cr/month
- Direct Reporting of a team of 5-8 personnel from Project Management, Procurement Management
NEXT 3-12 MONTHS
- Accountability of PnL size for minimum revenue of INR 2-3.5 Cr/month thereby achieving a minimum Revenue of 30-40 Cr /annum
- Direct Reporting of a team of 8-25 personnel from Design, Project Management, Procurement Team
- Building multiple process and ecosystems to fuel further business development through client delight
WHO SHOULD APPLY
- Those passionate about both the creative process and the business of Design & Build.
- Folks from Design & Build companies are a better fit though strong project management capabilities can overpower lesser experience in this domain.
- Minimum 3 years/Maximum 8 years of very strong experience working on the business, technical side of the Design & Build or any other similar industry.
- Have closely worked with the project management and commercial teams in the Indian Design & Build or any other similar industry.
- Project Management capabilities. You will eat-sleep-breathe project management for a short Turn Around Time projects (45-60 days). It is stressful for some and invigorating for others though equally satisfying to achieve laurels and appreciation from team and client on delivery of a successful project.
WHO SHOULD NOT APPLY
- The role is not for those seeking comfort, stability, and a strict 9-5 schedule. Building and maintaining market leadership is not an easy path. Motivation and speed are essential qualifying criteria.
- If you don't like talking numbers, this role is not for you. The role requires you to be deft at Project financial reporting and PnL supervision techniques. The ticket size of transaction being high and multiple vendor involved in each project it requires skilful articulation with financial numbers.
- If you aren't exceptional at interpersonal relations and Client handling. Client Delight is paramount for a successful engagement. If you aren't prepared for a high touch client engagement this job is not for you
- If you don't have excellent written and oral communication. Since you will be communicating to everyone from the client side beginning from admin incharge to the CEO , articulation of project related communication/issues needs to be done intelligently
- If you cannot explain in the interview how much you know about Flipspaces and how would your presence add any value to the business supported by egs from the past. No loose answers.
- If you are a boring person key accomplishments are not crazy enough for us.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.