TA Partner at Flipkart
Views:1875 Applications:588 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Flipkart - Senior Manager - Planning & Analytics - Small Home Appliances (4-6 yrs)
- As a key member of the Small appliances team, you will be working on building and strategizing business and take your plans into execution. Small appliances business is one of the focus categories for Flipkart, accounting for over 60% of the Large BU by units. It is expected to see strong growth of 60%+ over the next 3 years, to be a $1Bn and 40Mn units business - with a pan-India market share of >25%.
- It has also been identified as a key category for core customer segments like Females and Married at a Flipkart level, and also as a customer acquisition engine for the rest of the Appliances business. Hence this would be a high impact and high visibility role. You would be leading a team (4-6 members) of high performing individuals.
- The SHA business has a wide range of 50+ verticals ranging from Irons, Juicer Mixers, Kettles to Water & Air Purifiers, Vacuum Cleaners, Chimneys & Inverters. The Planning Head of this role would get the best all-round business exposure versus any other category role at Flipkart, as it is the single most diverse category at a Flipkart level. This is the only business that can claim diversity across so many levels listed below!
- 50+ verticals
- ASP ranging from ~Rs. 300 (Dry Irons) to Rs.20,000 (Water & Air Purifiers)
- A healthy mix of Alpha and Marketplace (~55-45)
- A healthy mix of Head & Tail SKUs
- The mix of exclusive selection, top brand selection, local brand selection and unbranded selection
- The mix of Large and Non-Large Supply Chain Fulfillment
- Categories focused on diverse customer segments (across Gender, Age, Lifestage types) - as it touches every aspect of your home and kitchen
- A lot of the work will be done for the first time in the country with deep category understanding across a diverse set of categories, and hence a significant amount of thought leadership will be expected over and above flawless execution skills. At Flipkart, high focus on Impact and Ownership allows for freedom for each to experiment and innovate. The pride is when you see the impact of what you have created.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Planning :
(a) As the planning lead for small home appliances, you will be responsible for the delivery of demand plans for both bottom line and topline. You should be able to develop multiple methods of triangulation while using top down/bottoms up planning methods
(b) Units and Revenue Forecasting : Spearhead demand forecasting in the short term for monthly plans and long term for creating annual operating plans. Build/improve models which help in creating baseline forecast and event/intervention planning.
c) Sale Event Planning : Own the end-to-end business planning for sale events and forecast demand for sale events considering supply, inventory, and pricing constraints as well as the scale of the event. Work with the merchandising team to plan the traffic across different channels.
(d) Launch Planning : Identify product-spec opportunities to drive new launch planning in a 6-18 month timeframe. Build detailed 360-degree traffic build-up plans for each launch to ensure target achievement and launch success.
(e) Customer Planning : Develop a sound understanding of key customer metrics such as repeat rate, new customer adoption, wallet share, customer affinity so as to drive key business metrics.
(f) Strategic Planning : Build frameworks and formulate strategies for the long-term growth of each category, by identifying key building blocks in a 2-3 year timeframe.
2. Pricing :
(a) As the owner of the pricing charter, you should be able to develop the right pricing policies and identify opportunities for giving customers value through intelligent and limited discounting.
(b) Use discounting to drive portfolio mix and achieve strategic goals
(c) Figure out avenues other than a direct discount to offer value to the customers.
3. Customer Understanding :
(a) You need to understand the customer needs and be the voice of the customer internally.
(b) Stay on top of changing trends and strategic priorities through in-depth data analysis to predict customer behaviour
4. New Business Initiatives :
(a) Evaluate new business initiatives and opportunities by bringing together customer and market view with inside-out understanding of capabilities and what it takes to win.
(b) Drive implementation of key initiatives for growth, customer experience, operational effectiveness and service.
5. People leadership :
(a) Build, retain and groom a strong team to deliver across functions.
(b) Set goals, define KPIs and ensure team tracks effectively towards goals