Flipkart - Manager - Motherhub Operations (8-10 yrs)
Flipkart - Manager - MH Ops
About Flipkart :
- In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is Indias largest online marketplace and one of Indias leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
- Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
- We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customers point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the team :
- Motherhub acts as an aggregation and sortation centre for moving shipments from Fulfillment centres and Seller clusters to Delivery hubs across the network.
- Economies of Scale: MH supports FCs for efficient order fulfillment. MH enables optimized utilization of transportation capacity. MH sorts at delivery hub level to improve Last Mile productivity.
- Differentiate Service and Speed Scale can be leveraged to remove speed constraints. Sortation based on product characteristics, category/customer preference and network ask.
About the role :
- The incumbent would be heading a Mother Hub and managing middle mile operations, people and key stakeholders ensuring that the management expectations are met and the operations run smoothly without ambiguity.
- This person would be the bridge between leadership and the ground operations team. Person would also be solving day to day operational issues and ensuring that the set targets/SLAs are met.
What you'll do : Role & Responsibilities:
- Take end-to- end responsibility of ensuring seamless operations in his Facility
- Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for his team, measures performance, provides feedback, and holds subordinates accountable for their performance and the performance of their teams
- Leverages the Subordinates by sourcing and nurturing ideas for improvements and drive implementation of the same
- Works closely with Regional Team, Planning and Finance to ensure manpower requirements are met.
- Develop and report KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), executive updates, perform RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) and identify potential opportunities for improving supply chain operations
- Deep dive and acquire an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices and apply when solving business problems
- Support Design team in pilot & rollout of new projects around performance improvement
- Liaise with respective operations team on smooth rollout of new initiatives towards quality improvement
- Coordinate with various stakeholders & support functions and identify/implement actions towards achievement of cost, speed and reliability targets
- Business process improvements towards customer satisfaction & efficiency with thorough understanding of lean management fundamentals
What you'll need :
- B.E/B.TECH (preferred MBA Operations Mgmt/SCM from Tier I/II college)
- 8+ years of experience in Supply Chain/Manufacturing/Warehousing/Logistics Operations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma(preferred)