TA Consultant at Flipkart
Views:2513 Applications:482 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:334
Flipkart - Manager - Mother Hub Operations (5-11 yrs)
About Flipkart :
- The Flipkart Group is one of India's leading digital commerce entities and includes group companies Flipkart, Myntra, and PhonePe. Started in 2007, Flipkart has enabled millions of consumers, sellers, merchants and small businesses to be a part of India's e-commerce revolution. With a registered customer base of over 200 million, offering over 150 million products across 120+ categories. Our efforts to democratize e-commerce in India, driving access and affordability, delight customers, create lakhs of jobs in the ecosystem and empower generations of entrepreneurs and MSMEs has driven us to innovate on many industry firsts. Flipkart is known for pioneering services such as Cash on Delivery, No Cost EMI and easy returns - customer-centric innovations that have made online shopping more accessible and affordable for millions of Indians.
- Driven by the passion of - Flipsters and our core values of Audacity to Win, Bias for Action and Customer First, with Integrity - Flipkart's work policies reflect the company's efforts to create a progressive work environment that drives inclusion and innovation and encourages work-life balance. Ranked at #1 in LinkedIn's - Top Companies to Work For in 2019-, among the - 100 Best Companies for Women by Avtar and chosen among the Top 3 Most Desirable new-Age Recruiters by Dare2Compete, Flipkart is the ideal place to start and achieve great heights in your career.
About the role :
This role requires to manage Mother Hub (Sortation Centres) operations for the Bangalore Motherhub, There would be a team of Assistant Manager's Reporting under this position. The role will report Facility Manager.
About the team :
Motherhub (MH) acts as an aggregation and sortation centre for moving shipments from Fulfilment centres (FC) and Seller clusters to Delivery hubs across the network. Economies of Scale: MH supports FC's for efficient order fulfilment.MH enables optimized utilization of transportation capacity. MH sorts at delivery hub level to improve Last Mile productivity. Differentiate Service and Speed, Scale can be leveraged to remove speed constraints. Sortation based on product characteristics, category/customer preference and network ask.
What you'll do :
- Take end-to end responsibility of ensuring seamless operations at Mother hub Bangalore India.
- Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Managers, measures performance, provides feedback, and holds managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their teams.
- Leverages the Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas for improvements and drive implementation of the same. Should be able to think strategically; think short and long term objectives.
- Works closely with Central Team, Planning, HR and Finance to ensure manpower requirements are met. perform RCA's (Root Cause Analysis) and identify potential opportunities for improving supply chain operations.
- Support Design team in pilot & rollout of new projects around performance improvement.
- Should have string design and lean thinking, EHS ( Environment, Heath and Safety). Compliance.
- Liaise with respective zonal operations team on smooth rollout of new initiatives towards quality improvement.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders & support functions and identify/implement actions towards achievement of cost, speed and reliability targets.
What you'll need
- Graduate (preferred - MBA).
- 5-10 years+ of experience in Supply Chain/Manufacturing/Warehousing/Logistics Operations, Should have managed a large team of On-Rolls and Off rolls ( 500 +).
- Experience in Sort center is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge on Transport Management solutions (preferred but not mandatory)
- Manage IR issues on the floor - Inside and outside issues.
- Having strong knowledge of operational issues. High level of accountability and responsibility. - Strong People Orientation and skills to manage a large team.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.