TA Partner at Flipkart
Views:14206 Applications:2320 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Flipkart - Manager - Buying - Large Appliances (1-4 yrs)
Business strategy :
- Know the customer: Deeply understand customer behaviour, develop new customer insights
- Own the business: Co-own the P&L, develop the business model, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business to service them
- Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
- Know the competition: Understand on-line and off-line players. Ensure Flipkart selection stays well ahead of competition
- Influence the leadership: Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required
Vendor Management :
- Develop deep and long standing relationship with the vendors - to drive relationships from the strategic to the tactical
- Own the terms of business with the vendor - products, returns, ordering, etc.
- Ensure high-share of mind from the vendor. Build deep ties.
- Make vendors partners in driving disruptive changes for the category Market Understanding
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the market - short term and long term trends
- Have an in depth knowledge of competition and vendor and ability to influence the market
- Develop and implement industry best practices. move the industry with you!
Selection and Offers :
- Own buying cost improvement and overall portfolio management
- Manage in store promotions along with brands - make brands partners in customer communication
- Make Flipkart the - destination of choice for the customers through the largest and the greatest assortment of products on offer
- Drive portfolio management for best offers and discounts for the customers
Purchasing and Inventory :
- Key driver of working capital management and inventory - ensure an optimal
- Develop and manage a purchase strategy with the brands to ensure best selection along with the optimal cost and service.
People leadership :
- Build, retain and groom a strong team to deliver across functions
- Set goals, define KPIs and ensure team tracks effectively towards goals
Desired background :
- Educational background - Graduation, MBA is preferred
- Knowledge of Retail, consumer goods industry is a plus
Desired Competencies :
- Desire and ability to think like the customer
- Ability to translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
- Highly analytical
- Willing to take calculated risks to grow the category
- Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of technology and business
- Must be willing to learn
- Ability to connect with people across teams & levels
- Strong bias for Action - Flipkart works at a very rapid pace
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.