Recruiter at Flipkart
Views:2841 Applications:282 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Flipkart - Legal Counsel - LLB (3-5 yrs)
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and executing various commercial agreements and documents
- Commercial contracts: Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing following types of contracts;
- Supply Chain Agreement
- Real Estate Agreements including warehouse contracts
- Consultancy Agreement
- Service Agreements
- Third party Logistic Agreement
- HR agreements with third party service providers
- Services agreements, inter-company contracts, employment contracts, Non- Disclosure Agreement and ancillary agreements, etc.
- Lease Deed/ Renewals/ Termination
- Building a contract and compliance checklist and processes and ensuring that the systems are functioning smoothly.
- Provide advisory to business partners on commercial/business projects related to Supply Chain and Online Marketplace.
- Institutionalizing best practices for legal contracts and documentation with an objective to increase efficiencies.
- Research and analysis of various policies, bills, amendments, notifications, on the Information Technology Act and rules, Contract Act, Legal Metrology Act, dispute resolution laws labour laws, employments, etc.
- Advice business partners on legal and regulatory matters including intellectual property, Labour laws, Legal Metrology Act, Real Estate Compliances, contract interpretation, breach and remedies, contract compliance requirements. Research into new regulations and legal regime of new domains of business and advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and mitigation strategies.
- Streamline generic documentation work and establish timelines and systems around the same including Contracts Management, and advising on franking of documents to Business teams, etc.
- LLB from a reputed Law College with experience in corporate laws, property laws, labour laws, contracts drafting and compliance in online/ecommerce sector. In-house legal experience in the corporate function reputed company is mandatory. Law firm or MNC experience is preferable, but not mandatory.
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate legal, commercial contracts, and business advisory work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in Property laws, corporate laws, statutory compliance and monitoring
- Should have a good understanding of: (a) Legal Metrology Act and Rules; and (b) Real Estate Compliance (including Lease Due Diligence process)
- Should have a reasonable understanding of procedural laws such as CPC, CrPC, and also substantive laws such as IPC, and other general corporate laws.
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Able to drive efficiencies within the role and to be a trusted member within the legal/compliance team. Should enhance industry-specific understanding and assist in establishing best practices for contract drafting/compliance issues.
- Ability to collaborate and engage with external counsel as and when required
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Process oriented at the same time solution oriented
- Able to multitask.
- Good team player with a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
- Meticulous and punctual
- Having good sense of humor at work
- Leverages business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to customer
- Strong communication skills and excellent command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to interface with people across all levels in the organization