Flipkart - EHS Manager (4-14 yrs)
Role of EHS Manager
- Shall assist the site leads on implementing & complying site specific EHS objectives and KPI's.
- Shall have sound knowledge on legal requirements with respect to environment health & safety. Shall assist in ensuring all EHS related legal requirements are complied. All non-compliance shall be communicated to site lead and safety compliance regional managers for further action.
- Shall actively ensure GEMBA walk is practiced at all his / her accountable sites and monitor the EHS proceedings.
- Shall escalate the discrepancies to the concerned department at site.
- Shall form Tool box talk circles at his / her accountable sites and ensure TBT's are conducted.
- Shall conduct site EHS related trainings to management, employees and visitors at his / her accountable sites.
- Shall be responsible to track the effectiveness of the training through various observations.
- Shall assist site team & ensure mock drill is conducted as scheduled in all his / her accountable sites. Shall form a site EHS committee & organize committee meetings on monthly basis.
- Shall be responsible to assist the site lead to report & investigate all near misses, minor injuries, major injuries and fatal injuries at sites.
- Shall check and ensure all equipment's / machineries are periodically tested / calibrated / certified by authorized vendor at all his / her accountable sites. Shall advise the concerned departments on obtaining the documents.
- Shall assist to assess the EHS compliance and advise on closure of all findings of external audit, internal audits, GEMBA walk etc.. Should be able to guide and drive EHS program initiatives across the business, like incident reporting, electricity saving campaigns, etc..
- Shall assist safety compliance regional managers in communicating EHS program / projects to ensure his / her accountable sites readiness for all kind of EHS audits.
- Shall document all EHS activities such as training, audits, inspections etc.as per the central EHS team requirement.
- Shall have sound knowledge in guiding operations & maintenance of sewage Treatment plant, waste management regulatory requirements and able to guide the team
Education & Experience:
- Qualified EHS professional (Fire & Life Safety, Operational Safety, Occupational Health and Environment) with M.E./ M.Tech in Industrial Safety Engineering (from reputed institutions) with minimum 6 years of on- field experience EHS function.
- RLI / Diploma in Industrial Safety with minimum 8 years of on-field experience EHS function at site level.
- Preferable knowledge on ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 implementation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.