Lead Talent Acquisition at Flipkart
Views:2052 Applications:401 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Flipkart - Associate Director - Corporate Development (8-14 yrs)
Associate Director- Ventures & M&A Bengaluru
In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India's largest online marketplace and one of India's leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer's point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers
About the team:
Corporate Development (M&A, Investment & Ventures) team facilitates the development and execution of long term growth strategy through key investment initiatives at Flipkart. The team collaborates and works directly with the top management of Flipkart to drive investment initiatives.
Flipkart Ventures, the early stage venture fund of Flipkart, was founded with an intent to accelerate the innovation curve of digital startups that show potential to build disruptive technologies / solutions. The $100M Venture Fund is focused on investing in emerging digital businesses and enabling the next generation of innovators in their scaling up journey. Flipkart Ventures has made 10+ investments in its first year.
What you'll do:
- Identification and sourcing of financial and strategic investment opportunities for Flipkart.
- Leading evaluation of select opportunities through deep analysis and presenting recommendations based on fit, deal structure and transactional issues (would include preparation of investment memos, IC presentations etc)
- Drive execution completely including due diligence, documentation, negotiation, closure and integration
- Deep engagement and participation /mentoring with existing and new portfolio companies
- Forge and manage relationships with the VC ecosystem, start ups and professional advisors including bankers, lawyers and consultants.
- In addition to investments, you would also have opportunity for building cross functional experience across M&A, initiation of new businesses and other strategic initiatives at Flipkart
What you should have?
- The ideal candidate for this role would have 7-10 years of experience working with Venture Capital firms, Investment Banks in Technology vertical.
- Understanding of the technology landscape and a strong network within the Indian startup ecosystem, including entrepreneurs and investors
- Experience of having engaged deeply with early-stage companies. Relevant experience of managing/ actively driving accelerator, incubator programs would bean added advantage
- Strong understanding of overall investment and acquisition process including term sheets, diligence, and definitive documentation
- Think Big - ability to identify new areas of investment opportunity for Flipkart, create investment strategies and evaluate key targets.
- Bachelor degree and MBA from top-tier universities is required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.