Talent Acquisition at Flipkart
Views:3371 Applications:1157 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:244
Flipkart - Assistant Manager/Manager - Key Account Management - Furniture (1-3 yrs)
Assistant Manager/Manager - Key Account Management - Furniture
About Flipkart :
- In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India's largest online marketplace and one of India's leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
- Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
- We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer's point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the Team :
Flipkart Furniture team consists of categories like Beds, Sofa, Mattress, Wardrobes, TV Units, DIY Furniture and many more. Flipkart Furniture enjoys the top position in the online Furniture Market and is the biggest retailer of Furniture in India.
About the Role :
A KAM at Flipkart, Own the terms of business with the vendor - products, returns, ordering, etc. Ensure high-share of mind from the vendor. Build deep ties. Make vendors partners in driving disruptive changes for the category.
What you'll do:
Business strategy :
- Know the customer : Deeply understand customer behaviour, develop new customer insights
- Own the business : Co-own the P&L, develop the business model, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business to service them
- Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
- Know the competition: Understand online and offline players. Ensure Flipkart selection stays well ahead of competition
- Influence the leadership: Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required
Vendor Management :
- Develop deep and long standing relationship with the vendors - to drive relationships from the strategic to the tactical
- Own the terms of business with the vendor - products, returns, ordering, etc.
- Ensure high-share of mind from the vendor. Build deep ties.
- Make vendors partners in driving disruptive changes for the category
Market Understanding :
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the market - short term and long term trends
- Have an in depth knowledge of competition and vendor and ability to influence the market
- Develop and implement industry best practices. Move the industry with you!
Selection and Offers :
- Work with teams to get the best possible selection & sellers onboarded.
- Own cost improvement and overall portfolio management
- Manage in store promotions along with brands - make brands partners in customer communication
- Make Flipkart the - destination of choice- for the customers through the largest and the greatest assortment of products on offer
- Drive portfolio management for best offers and discounts for the customers
Fulfilment and Inventory :
- Key driver of working capital management and inventory - ensure an optimal
- Develop and manage a fulfilment strategy with the brands to ensure best selection along with the optimal cost and service.
People leadership :
- Build, retain and groom a strong team to deliver across functions
- Set goals, define KPIs and ensure team tracks effectively towards goals
What you'll need:
- Educational background - Graduation, MBA from Tier 1 Institute
- Knowledge of Retail, consumer goods industry is a plus
- Desire and ability to think like the customer
- Ability to translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
- Highly analytical
- Willing to take calculated risks to grow the category
- Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of technology and business
- Must be willing to learn
- Ability to connect with people across teams & levels
- Strong bias for Action - Flipkart works at a very rapid pace
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.